Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Trim Levels Explained (motorbiscuit.com)

I hadn't read a detailed trim level explanation like this before. It's dated way back on May 10th, so I'm wondering if this is the current USA trim level detail of features or if it has changed?

Things worth noting in this article that surprised me:

SE - Standard safety features include automatic emergency braking and lane-keeping assistance.(Didn't know that)

SEL - There is an optional 10.25-inch digital cluster display. (I thought that was standard)
SEL - You can add an optional Activity Package. (Apparently NOT available on the SE)

LIMITED - It includes a 10.25-inch infotainment touchscreen system. (I thought this was standard for SEL and up)
LIMITED - You can beef up its look with optional 20-inch alloy wheels. (I thought 20" was included)

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
305 Posts
LIMITED - You can beef up its look with optional 20-inch alloy wheels. (I thought 20" was included)
The Canadian version is called "Ultimate" - but while the website description says our version gets 20" wheels, in the details it lists both 18s and 20s in tire sizes. And I'm glad they'll be optional. I'll take the 18s any day!

·
Registered
114 Posts
US site shows the 20" as 'Available' on the Limited.

I thought they were standard on the Limited as well until I was re-reading the website a while back.

That said... I wouldn't put much stock into either the Canadian or US sites when it gets down to the specifics like this. Until I see an online configurator or these start showing up at dealerships I'm taking these vague outlines with a grain of salt...

·
Registered
33 Posts

I hadn't read a detailed trim level explanation like this before. It's dated way back on May 10th, so I'm wondering if this is the current USA trim level detail of features or if it has changed?

SE - Standard safety features include automatic emergency braking and lane-keeping assistance.(Didn't know that)

SEL - There is an optional 10.25-inch digital cluster display. (I thought that was standard)
SEL - You can add an optional Activity Package. (Apparently NOT available on the SE)

LIMITED - It includes a 10.25-inch infotainment touchscreen system. (I thought this was standard for SEL and up)
thanks for describing.....does anyone know the real advantage of 20" vs 18" wheels....are the 20" low profile?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
305 Posts
thanks for describing.....does anyone know the real advantage of 20" vs 18" wheels....are the 20" low profile?
If the Canadian site is to be believed, they're 50-series vs 60-series on the 18s. They're both 245 wide, so that means 122.5mm (~4.75") of sidewall on the 20s and 147mm (~5.75") of sidewall on the 18s. That 24.5mm of additional sidewall equates to a HAIR under 1-inch lower profile with the 20-inch wheels.

Math is fun.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wouldn't call the 20" particularly low profile -- there's still a pretty fair amount of meat to the tire:

I would bet most folks wouldn't be able to tell much difference in the ride quality or performance between the two - it's just a cosmetic thing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
does anyone know the real advantage of 20" vs 18" wheels....are the 20" low profile?
As @treybrad said these aren't super low profile sports car tires but...

In general larger wheels = more weight, harsher ride, more expensive to replace, easier to curb your wheels. 20"s are all about the bling factor. I am getting 18"s for sure.

·
Registered
217 Posts

The 10.25-inch digital cluster comes as part of the activity package on the SEL
As for the 20" wheels, the FWD Limited was supposed to have the 18" and the 20" would come standard if you added AWD - but for now all 2.5 turbo models will be AWD, so I'm thinking the 20" will be standard with no choice.

·
Registered
464 Posts
but for now all 2.5 turbo models will be AWD, so I'm thinking the 20" will be standard with no choice.
I hope not, but I could see the larger wheels being forced as part of a package. Thankfully wheels are the easiest thing to swap so if get 20s I'll be seeking other SC owners who wish to "upgrade" and trade with me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As @treybrad said these aren't super low profile sports car tires but...

In general larger wheels = more weight, harsher ride, more expensive to replace, easier to curb your wheels. 20"s are all about the bling factor. I am getting 18"s for sure.
Well said. low profile tires aren't ideal for me, I live in NY we have rutted roads and winter potholes, makes for an unsafe ride if you hit something at highway speed. I had a low profile tire car in the past....in 1 year went through 3 tires from pinching the tire and splitting the sidewall from the road....18s for me

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have factory 20" wheels on my 20218 Challenger with super drag pack. They are so ruff riding. The handling is superb. But the ride suffers for everyday use... I should have drove the Challenger on the interstate....me bad. So I would opt for the 18's in ALL cases.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No 18” option on my SEL Premium would be a deal killer. I’m not willing to deal with the hassle of selling the take-offs and then buying two sets of new wheels (one for winter Blizzaks.) . I walked away from a BMW when on top of cardboard texture standard leather and only run-flat tires they wanted $400 for a fold down rear seat.

Before I saw the Cruz I was set on a 2022 Tundra. If I can’t get the ute the way I want it and at well below $40K I’ll just fork over the extra ten grand for the behemoth.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
199 Posts
No 18” option on my SEL Premium would be a deal killer. I’m not willing to deal with the hassle of selling the take-offs and then buying two sets of new wheels (one for winter Blizzaks.) . I walked away from a BMW when on top of cardboard texture standard leather and only run-flat tires they wanted $400 for a fold down rear seat.

Before I saw the Cruz I was set on a 2022 Tundra. If I can’t get the ute the way I want it and at well below $40K I’ll just fork over the extra ten grand for the behemoth.
SC needs to be available before September 22nd 2022 Tundra reveal date because if we get to see a 2022 Tundra hybrid that gets 30 mpg and priced similar to the 2021 model, then get the Tundra and don't look back

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hope not, but I could see the larger wheels being forced as part of a package. Thankfully wheels are the easiest thing to swap so if get 20s I'll be seeking other SC owners who wish to "upgrade" and trade with me.
Same here... I want the 20" wheels, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if they're not on the trim I end up getting because it seems like there are a lot of folks who are looking to swap one way or the other...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wheels are the easy thing to swap and thus are never a deal breaker for me. Color is become less of a concern too due to the quality of vehicle wraps these days.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wheels are the easy thing to swap and thus are never a deal breaker for me. Color is become less of a concern too due to the quality of vehicle wraps these days.
I'm not sure how Hyundai system works, but when swapping wheels, the TPMS sensors might need to be relearned by the vehicle.
In older Toyotas relearning requires manually registering the vehicle with each sensor ID, which requires a paid scan tool.
In newer Toyotas the vehicle will automatically pair with the sensors after driving for 15 mins.
I really hope Hyundai can auto detect TPMS and save the hassle of pairing, if not then dealership will definitely charge around $100 dollars to do which is an absolute ripoff (takes about 2 mins max to type in the serial numbers in the scan tool)

·
Registered
235 Posts
... Color is become less of a concern too due to the quality of vehicle wraps these days.
Ha. I thought that you were going to say: because all the colors appear to be a light grey with some vaque colored tint thrown in, which no one can quite describe and that looks different every time you see it.

Reactions: treybrad

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not sure how Hyundai system works, but when swapping wheels, the TPMS sensors might need to be relearned by the vehicle.
In older Toyotas relearning requires manually registering the vehicle with each sensor ID, which requires a paid scan tool.
In newer Toyotas the vehicle will automatically pair with the sensors after driving for 15 mins.
I really hope Hyundai can auto detect TPMS and save the hassle of pairing, if not then dealership will definitely charge around $100 dollars to do which is an absolute ripoff (takes about 2 mins max to type in the serial numbers in the scan tool)
Tool costs like 200-300 so I suggest everyone find a few buddies and chip in together to have at least one around. They are great for various car repairs, alarm codes, etc.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tool costs like 200-300 so I suggest everyone find a few buddies and chip in together to have at least one around. They are great for various car repairs, alarm codes, etc.
that, or Carista phone app which for some manufacturers they support programming TPMS, but needs verification if that's the case for Hyundai

1 - 20 of 24 Posts