Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
What is the situation at the rear front of the flare? I see they have the piece that attaches to the door but then it looks like they forgot to carry the flare down to the bottom?? Please tell me this is a flaw in the diagram and not design?
I think its exaggerated as flaw in the diagram (they highlight the flares in dark ink, and not the bottom of door molding on the diagram), in reality its black trim butting up to black trim

Registered
I think its exaggerated as flaw in the diagram (they highlight the flares in dark ink, and not the bottom of door molding on the diagram), in reality its black trim butting up to black trim
Yep... quick Photoshop job -

Stock:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Truck Automotive tire

With Flares:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Truck

The flares are larger and thus occupy up to that flat edge fender crease of the arches which is why there is small piece that goes on the rear door and a cut out for the front reflector.

Premium Member
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited AWD 2.5L Turbo
Yep... quick Photoshop job -

The flares are larger and thus occupy up to that flat edge fender crease of the arches which is why there is small piece that goes on the rear door and a cut out for the front reflector.
Can you photoshop us a view from the front / rear so we can see what they might look like as it relates to them protruding out of the sides?

Premium Member
Sorry I can't because there are no pictures of the flares from that angle or measurements to go by.
Thanks anyway!

From the CGI render, looking at the existing fender garnish (no protrusion, but the lip is 10/16鈥), and looking at the pictures, I鈥檓 thinking we鈥檙e going to see somewhere between a 1 to 1-1/2 inch protrusion.

You鈥檇 think the marketing department would share something!

I鈥檒l let you know when they arrive.

Premium Member
Here's a photoshop of the flares based on the rendering.
They have shipped!!! I just received a notice, so hopefully I will see them next week!

ETA, Tuesday, March 22nd! Per UPS.

My calendar is full next week, but I will provide details when I get the flares. I鈥檓 thinking it won鈥檛 be until Saturday that I actually get to install them鈥

Premium Member
Is it me or is this A LOT of work to install fender flares? Lots of opportunity to damage the car during install. Removing clips....riveting.... I thought I wanted these but the install scares me. The dealer wont have any experience installing these either.
There are a BUNCH of steps. I鈥檒l let you know how it goes, with pics too.

Registered
2022 Limited
There are a BUNCH of steps. I鈥檒l let you know how it goes, with pics too.
I find that the OEM part instructions tend to read that way. They make every little thing its own step rather than grouping similar activities. It leads to very clear instructions but also ones that appear more complicated than they actually are. I鈥檓 guessing it鈥檒l be a reasonable DIY task for anyone competent at these types of things.

I鈥檓 very excited to see your installation photos and here how it went.

Premium Member
Parts show up tomorrow night!
Fender flares have arrived! They came in a BIG box, and it looks like they could add about a 1-1/4鈥 flare. The existing fender garnish is 1/2鈥, and the new fender flare is 1-3/4鈥. Here are the pics with the tape measure.

Existing fender garnish:
Font Bumper Eyewear Electric blue Automotive exterior

New fender flare:
Finger Ruler Wood Material property Font

Here is a piece of a fender flare:
Table Wood Automotive lighting Art Headgear

The BIG box it came in鈥
Couch Comfort Wood Rectangle Interior design

It鈥檒l probably be late Saturday when I get them installed. I鈥檒l share pics along the way鈥

Registered
Fender flares have arrived! They came in a BIG box, and it looks like they could add about a 1-1/4鈥 flare. The existing fender garnish is 1/2鈥, and the new fender flare is 1-3/4鈥. Here are the pics with the tape measure.

Existing fender garnish:
View attachment 7960

New fender flare:
View attachment 7961

Here is a piece of a fender flare:
View attachment 7962

The BIG box it came in鈥
View attachment 7963

It鈥檒l probably be late Saturday when I get them installed. I鈥檒l share pics along the way鈥
following

Premium Member
Best of luck! Can't wait to see them installed.
Thank you Innate!

Guess what? I got her done!

I think they look great and would look great on mostly any color SC! Unfortunately, on a black SC it is really hard to appreciate them because of the black on black.

Even I questioned them when I saw them on the black SC posted earlier.

So, the original fender garnish is concave, and I think it is by at least 1/2鈥. It is evident from this picture.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Here is a similar shot with the new fender flare.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Here is a shot from the front that demonstrates the amount of flare.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Here is a shot with the front flare installed compared to the back with the original garnish.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Here it is the other side, same front flares installed, original garnish in the rear.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Here she is, all done.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Car

Here she is before the change.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Thoughts? I really like the look with the flares. I think it makes her look leaner, meaner, sportier鈥

41 - 60 of 93 Posts