Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I generally name my vehicles. I often spend a few weeks getting around to one. I know that many here haven't gotten theirs yet but might already know what they think they will be calling it. Mine is white so some of the ideas that have come to mind so far are
Betty (White)
Vanna (White)
Barry or Shaun (You get the idea)
When my sister saw it she called it the "Mullet mobile" Because it's cut tight up front and all business in the back. LOL

At lunch at work today I was inspired by the Spork
With such a group of really sharp people I thought we could have a little fun with it
Color? Name Ideas?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Spork :D that is a good one.

I tend to name my vehicles based on color too. For example my wife's car is Ruby because the offical color is Venetian Ruby (Infiniti Q60). My previous 350Z we called Orange Car because... well it was orange. I know not very original but it ensures no confusion. If I go with Stone Blue this could be a problem since my Corvette is already blue. I have feeling we will just call it the little truck or SC.

Somewhat related: a friend of ours has a dog named JD, when asked where the name came from he told us it was short for "Just Dog" :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
Our Equinox is Pepper, partly because of the color (Cayenne) and my wife thought it was very 'peppy' - which it is, compared to our old 2.4L Journey. Journey got '007' since those were the last three digits of the VIN. My old truck is 'Jenny' because she's forest green and really likes to run. I blame my wife for that one too ... she said it, it stuck. She's had to live with it since.

I'll have to wait and see what the Cruz gets ... need to discover its personality first. :D I am going to be super twitchy for the next month or so now though ... since the dealer just emailed me that he's received the invoice for my SC! I almost wish he hadn't told me ... it's becoming tangible now. And I have to start selling vehicles in preparation. ;)

Reactions: Chuck

·
Registered
225 Posts
I generally name my vehicles. I often spend a few weeks getting around to one. I know that many here haven't gotten theirs yet but might already know what they think they will be calling it. Mine is white so some of the ideas that have come to mind so far are
Betty (White)
Vanna (White)
Barry or Shaun (You get the idea)
When my sister saw it she called it the "Mullet mobile" Because it's cut tight up front and all business in the back. LOL

At lunch at work today I was inspired by the Spork
With such a group of really sharp people I thought we could have a little fun with it
Color? Name Ideas?
Ted.

·
Registered
168 Posts

I tend to name my vehicles based on color too. For example my wife's car is Ruby because the offical color is Venetian Ruby (Infiniti Q6). My previous 350Z we called Orange Car because... well it was orange. I know not very original but it ensure no confusion. If I go with Stone Blue this could be a problem since my Corvette is already blue. I have feeling we will just call it the little truck or SC.

Somewhat related: a friend of ours has a dog named JD, when asked where the name came from he told us it was short for "Just Dog" :ROFLMAO:
Glad he doesn't have kids. JK
😂

·
Registered
168 Posts
Our Equinox is Pepper, partly because of the color (Cayenne) and my wife thought it was very 'peppy' - which it is, compared to our old 2.4L Journey. Journey got '007' since those were the last three digits of the VIN. My old truck is 'Jenny' because she's forest green and really likes to run. I blame my wife for that one too ... she said it, it stuck. She's had to live with it since.

I'll have to wait and see what the Cruz gets ... need to discover its personality first. :D I am going to be super twitchy for the next month or so now though ... since the dealer just emailed me that he's received the invoice for my SC! I almost wish he hadn't told me ... it's becoming tangible now. And I have to start selling vehicles in preparation. ;)
Your Equinox it seems wants to be a Porsche.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm a Star Wars nut and I have a thing for white cars with black accents (wheels, stripes, roof wrap, etc) so naturally, I've got a storm trooper theme. If you know your storm troopers then you might be familiar with TK-421. My Focus ST started out as that but I've modified the name now to ST-421 and my Miata is MX-421. Perhaps the white SC will be SC-421? Ideally, I can start towing the ST to the track with the SC but while the weight (with trailer) are good, it's seems a little close.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
201 Posts
Our Veloster is named Tony (and its Navigation voice is Staaaacy).
A friend's young son said it looked like Tony when he saw it after we first got it, so we named it Tony.
We named the Navigation voice Staaaacy because that's how she pronounced Stacy Road.

Haven't decided on a name for the Santa Cruz yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I tend to name my vehicles based on color too. For example my wife's car is Ruby because the offical color is Venetian Ruby (Infiniti Q60). My previous 350Z we called Orange Car because... well it was orange. I know not very original but it ensures no confusion. If I go with Stone Blue this could be a problem since my Corvette is already blue. I have feeling we will just call it the little truck or SC.

Based on color, I am probably going to name mine (it will be here on the 19th or so) either Baby Bluey or Blouise...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts