Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kangoo is a small work van that is sold in France, but Kolle has come out with a conversion for the van turning it into a ute-like beauty. I imagine that the Santa Cruz would be going after a similar customer except the Santa Cruz has much more design to it.

The Kangoo ZE is also an electric vehicle producing zero emisions. It has 59 HP with 226 Nm of torque. The range comes in at 170 km, which isn't bad but also isn't amazing.

I wonder if the Santa Cruz may also try for a EV or hybrid model. And I also see that the Kangoo isn't sold in the US, which may also mean that the Santa CRuz won't be as well.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I imagine that the Santa Cruz would be going after a similar customer except the Santa Cruz has much more design to it.
:confused::confused:

I completely disagree with you, the crossover between the two isn't as simple as "much more design". There's far more to it than that.

That's like saying a Dodge Caravan Cargo Van serves a similar customer as it's Passenger version.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure the Kangoo is more utilitarian, but they are definitely in the same circle I would say. At least worth mentioning since its not like this type of vehicle has many examples of iit floating around these days.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sure the Kangoo is more utilitarian, but they are definitely in the same circle I would say. At least worth mentioning since its not like this type of vehicle has many examples of iit floating around these days.
Aside from both having a bed, what exactly makes them belong in the same circle?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Odd looking Renault to say the least.. Is there a cover or top for the back?

Cheers
This doesn't come from Renault like this. Its an aftermarket custom conversion where they cut the roof off of the van. That's why the tail lamps are in such an odd location. That's where they are mounted on the van.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ahh I see. I was wondering why the tail light were in such an odd looking position. That's why a thought a canvas clipped onto the two out of place edges. Didn't really see much design in it.

Thanks

·
Registered
729 Posts
The most logical competition for the Santa Cruz would be the Chevy Montana (Brazil/Mexico)

and the Fiat Strada (Europe/SA)

At least we know chevrolet has a platform here they can work on :D
These are far more up to par with what the Santa Cruz is like and who it targets.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, it is really ugly. But remember that it is a work van so when you compare it to other utility full size vans it doesn't look quite so bad, although it still really isn't up to par.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ugly and wouldn't only fly in specific markets.

Trying to fit into the north american market, it will have to live up to what competition is like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts