Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Interesting video. More interesting that Kia/Hyundai/Genesis vehicles pretty much dominated! The Koreans are coming into their own, and shrugging off their old images.

Collect the whole set! 76 cars in my past and my first Hyundai's. Impressed enough to buy two. 2600 miles on the Veloster N and tuned to 325 hp, 600 miles on the Santa Cruz so far. Both excellent..

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
94 Posts
Impressed enough to buy two. Both excellent..,
When I went to the dealer, to look at the single (low spec) example they had on the lot, people were getting out of it from a test drive. Struck up a conversation with the husband who said that this would make Hyundai number nine (in a row) for his family. Always had excellent experience. That was certainly a tick in the positive column for me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I went to the dealer, to look at the single (low spec) example they had on the lot, people were getting out of it from a test drive. Struck up a conversation with the husband who said that this would make Hyundai number nine (in a row) for his family. Always had excellent experience. That was certainly a tick in the positive column for me.
I've had seven (starting with the original Excel back in 198?). All of them have been well worth the purchase - with steadily improving quality - never had one less than 120k.. The only major thing I had to replace on the Excel was the clutch after 80k miles - traded it in at 150k and it was still rolling fine (big pile of rust though!) - not bad for $4,500 brand new!

·
Registered
Limited
180 Posts
Collect the whole set! 76 cars in my past and my first Hyundai's. Impressed enough to buy two. 2600 miles on the Veloster N and tuned to 325 hp, 600 miles on the Santa Cruz so far. Both excellent..
Very nice. What kind of tune is in the Veloster N?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've had seven (starting with the original Excel back in 198?). All of them have been well worth the purchase - with steadily improving quality - never had one less than 120k.. The only major thing I had to replace on the Excel was the clutch after 80k miles - traded it in at 150k and it was still rolling fine (big pile of rust though!) - not bad for $4,500 brand new!
The engine blew on my Pony aka Excel @ 40k... they did not bother to fix it, they simply refunded a prorated amount. Quality was very poor.. there was so much of a gap between rear doors/frame... rain and snow blew right onto the seat. But, they fixed the issues over the years and have now won many quality awards. They come a long way...

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
76 Posts
I love that striping on the Veloster! It would be killer on my white SC. We have a 2005 Santa Fe (Paint Issues for sure not helped by spending 1/2 it's life in the Arizona sun. Over the last few years my wife and I have purchased new vehicles so It doesn't get driven much anymore but it was built like a Tank and has 98000 on it. It's so quirky cool looking I keep thinking I'm going to do something cool with it. BUT that would leave me less time driving my (Spork). We keep it around as a spare incase we need to lend it to Family/Friends ETC. Her mother bought it new in 2005 and gave it to my wife when she was no longer able to drive. The only knock for me is the interior was not made for a man my size at all.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
76 Posts
Collect the whole set! 76 cars in my past
I thought my 45 cars/trucks was pretty high. Only 2 bought new my SC and the 2018 Frontier I traded in for. I love the SC and don't think I would want anything else. To me it's like the prettiest girl in school that everyone has a crush on in school and I have her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts