Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I reserved stone blue thinking it was more of a darker blue. This looks more baby blue in the video. I switched to Phantom Black for now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Best front end! Especially front blinkers is first I saw, very nice! I might end up having to special order, because I bet all the dealerships are going to drill holes in that pretty black chrome bumper the second they get it! No way I'm putting on a front plate.

You can tell this is closer to production ready than the one we saw before, as it has the frenchfry passthrough window, damped tailgate, the tonneau cover also seems to retract in a much more controlled fashion than the other one that slammed back if you didn't slowly retract it using the cord, and the display shows a little santa cruz instead of a tucson.

Edit: Aw the tail lights are a ton of arrows, but missed opportunity for making them sequentially light up for the blinkers. Still like them though that they are red and not amber. Also seems like nobody uses hood struts anymore, always just a prop-rod. Wonder why, as struts are pretty cheap and its just nice to have. Too bad also no modern capless fuel tank, but that's not a huge deal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The bed had standing water in it. Hopefully it wasn't a leaky tonneau cover. Overall liking the design. Conceirge was very quick in changing my color choice. They also mentioned for blue that only black interior is available at this time, but video shows gray interior. Interesting

·
Registered
615 Posts
I reserved stone blue thinking it was more of a darker blue. This looks more baby blue in the video. I switched to Phantom Black for now.
I actually love it, and I'm wondering what it would look like having the front pillars and top wrapped in white, since its a floating roof you should be able to get away with that and would look very Volvo style!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The bed had standing water in it. Hopefully it wasn't a leaky tonneau cover. Overall liking the design. Conceirge was very quick in changing my color choice. They also mentioned for blue that only black interior is available at this time, but video shows gray interior. Interesting
The tonneau has been described as “water resistant” not “water proof”.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The tonneau has been described as “water resistant” not “water proof”.
That's still a crapton of water, but I wouldn't freak out yet, they might have just not had it closed when it was raining. Or hopefully its not a design flaw to where water stands on top of the rolling tonneau that gets poured into the bed when you roll it back, lol! I'm sure they would have thought of that though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most retractable tonneau covers have a drain tube built into the rail system. Other covers have a drain tube you point through a hole in the bed wall or some corner where water can escape normally if you had no cover at all.

None of them claim to be 100% waterproof so if you have anything you don't want wet going into the bed area, I'd suggest packing that in a waterproof bag.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Great video that shows a more production ready vehicle. Love that turn signal cameras work in park, if they work in reverse I’ll be super happy.

The little trunk / storage compartment inside the bed is likely a more water proof area. But like Mellow said any retractable bed cover will leak - I had a Roll-N-Lock years ago. It’s clearly a compromise- your stuff is covered and locked but may get a little wet. Other bed covers that are truly water proof don’t store away very easily so you can’t have it all.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Other bed covers that are truly water proof don’t store away very easily so you can’t have it all.
My regular old tri-fold on my Ram never leaked, at least never more than a drop or two, but the downside of course is that in its "stored" position you can no longer see out the back.

Oh well, if it does prove leaky, its just an option, so I'm sure the aftermarket will have solutions available too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
They did a good job with these colors - not enough to be offensive... but just enough color to be interesting in a sea of boring grey CUVs. Same with the black chrome grille - not fully blacked out, but also not too much bling. I think this color combo will age well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is it just me, or are the front signal light arrows pointed in the wrong direction? Left signal arrow should point out (left), not in (right). That bugs me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Start inquiring to aftermarket manufacturers early , just to let them know there is a lot of interest in the Santa Cruz. They are much more likely produce faster if they believe there is massive interest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts