Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as the title says, my wheels are in motion. Got an email from my dealer this morning that my Sage Grey Ultimate (aka Limited) was scheduled for delivery today. Spoke with the finance department this afternoon to get the finance application moving along, going to get some info and photos to the dealer after work to do a trade appraisal on our 2012 Journey, and I've booked Friday off work to go pick it up.

They're ordering my requested list of factory accessories - hitch, 7-pin harness, roof cross rails, front and rear floor liners, mud flaps, premium block heater (plug is integrated into the front bumper vs dangling out of somewhere, I much prefer that), and a paint pen. The paint pen and 7-pin harness will probably be the last of them to be seen, since I don't think either actually exists yet.

Once everything is set up, I'll have to get my old truck up for sale and start looking for some rims for winter tires. I'll need those within a month here.

I'm hoping they'll send me a pic or two of my new wheels tonight or tomorrow. It's starting to feel very real. :) It's going to be a great weekend ...

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
247 Posts
Well, as the title says, my wheels are in motion. Got an email from my dealer this morning that my Sage Grey Ultimate (aka Limited) was scheduled for delivery today. Spoke with the finance department this afternoon to get the finance application moving along, going to get some info and photos to the dealer after work to do a trade appraisal on our 2012 Journey, and I've booked Friday off work to go pick it up.

They're ordering my requested list of factory accessories - hitch, 7-pin harness, roof cross rails, front and rear floor liners, mud flaps, premium block heater (plug is integrated into the front bumper vs dangling out of somewhere, I much prefer that), and a paint pen. The paint pen and 7-pin harness will probably be the last of them to be seen, since I don't think either actually exists yet.

Once everything is set up, I'll have to get my old truck up for sale and start looking for some rims for winter tires. I'll need those within a month here.

I'm hoping they'll send me a pic or two of my new wheels tonight or tomorrow. It's starting to feel very real. :) It's going to be a great weekend ...
Good luck @Walking Black Bear. Go get that Santa Cruz!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Good luck! Sage Gray Crew Unite!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is awesome Bear! Soon you will be "Cruising Black Bear"
Nah, it's actually my spirit name. (Bimose makade makwa) Can't change that! Just about time for my fall name feast too ... ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey WBB, so my reserved unit is still not in. I asked the dealer for the VIN and he gave me a random one off of some other hyundai built in Korea which started with a K.. Alabama builds start with a 5 so I was nervous that my unit wasn't actually coming yet, but another dealer called me Monday and had a Sage Ultimate ready to go so I grabbed it and am now Cruz'n in Edmonton. Very nice! Still learning all the driver settings... tons to play with. But my first impressions are fantastic. Im really liking the cruise control and highway drive assist.. it is getting very close to autonomous driving!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's AWESOME! Well, not that the dealer you reserved with was screwing around/clueless, but that you found a Sage Ultimate regardless! It's probably going to take me weeks to figure out how all the gizmos work. Will need to read the owners manual a few times, I think.

Hey - any chance you could post a shot of the QR code for the Canadian owners manual? I'm curious how/if it's any different than the US one. I'm assuming it has to be, since there are different buttons in ours, and no base drivetrain to worry about. I never thought to grab that on my test drive, and Hyundai Canada still doesn't list the SC on their manual download site.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just off the phone with the finance manager about an hour ago, everything is good, financing at prime, not all of my desired accessories will be ready at time of pickup, which I knew already. So 11am Friday I'm scheduled to sign the papers and pick it up! She commented on the phone how much she loved the colour, so I asked for some pictures to tide me over until Friday morning. LOL I'll share if they show up today. :)

I'm going to be vibrating for the next two days, waiting to see it in the real world. First time ever buying a fully loaded anything, and definitely the most expensive vehicle ever for me. I think by the time all of my extras and taxes and whatnot get tallied up, it'll crack $60k. But I knew that going in, so that's alright.

Don't even need coffee to get wired up right now. I mean, I still drank it, but totally didn't need it. I just wonder what it's name will be ... Hmmm ...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm going to be vibrating for the next two days, waiting to see it in the real world. First time ever buying a fully loaded anything, and definitely the most expensive vehicle ever for me. I think by the time all of my extras and taxes and whatnot get tallied up, it'll crack $60k. But I knew that going in, so that's alright.

Don't even need coffee to get wired up right now. I mean, I still drank it, but totally didn't need it. I just wonder what it's name will be ... Hmmm ...
(y)(y)
I'm right there with you. I'll be cruising through Mount Rushmore Friday in my new Santa Cruz. Fly out tomorrow morning for a wonderful driving vacation home to SoCal. Going to take my time and see some beautiful country. Will post up in a week or so... :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is the QR code from the Infotainment manual. There is no barcode in the front of the main manual. I've been just poking buttons like a true geek. After I try everything else, then I RTFM to see what I missed.

I think I saw you could scan a barcode from the screen in the trucklet for the full manual as well, but I cant check that at this point... I'll try it tonight and see if I can find it.

Font Pattern Symmetry Brand Number

·
Registered
510 Posts
(y)(y)
I'm right there with you. I'll be cruising through Mount Rushmore Friday in my new Santa Cruz. Fly out tomorrow morning for a wonderful driving vacation home to SoCal. Going to take my time and see some beautiful country. Will post up in a week or so... :cool:
Great time to 'cruz' thru the national parks; you'll have them pretty much all to yourself. If you haven't already seen Yellowstone, don't miss this chance.

Reactions: HSC4ME and md_cruz
1 - 20 of 64 Posts