Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Just in the last few days I have hauled a large steel sawhorse, a 2 x 8 x 8 board, two aluminum billet wheels with big slick tires, and a gasoline container for a weed trimmer. (I made a support for the gasoline can so it cannot tip over.) The week before I hauled a two person small sofa to a donation center. I have hauled a bed full of loose mulch and tools so I could work on my daughter’s car from the bed of my Santa Cruz.

· Registered
530 Posts
Grille Rectangle Automotive exterior Wood Composite material

I got drafted to fabricate two new steel racks 36 x 41 inches for a meat smoker used by a church men’s group in Knoxville, Tennessee. The grates weigh 45 pounds each. The group helps the men in the group bond with each other and is also the linchpin for a biblical mission outreach to people in the community like first time offenders.

· Registered
530 Posts
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Today I hauled a farm tractor wheel. A section about 4 x 12 inches had to be cut out because the owner had put fluid in the tire for traction and weight, but something leaked and the fluid reached the steel in the rim. A big hole rusted through. I was asked to weld in new steel. Look at a 2 o’clock position and you can see part of the new steel sections welded in place.

· Registered
530 Posts
One of the reasons I wanted a small pickup truck was so I could haul a cylinder of Argon/CO2 shielding gas for my MIG welder. Today the current cylinder was finally depleted and I drove to Airgas to exchange it (and a few dollars) for a new filled cylinder. Chances of a leak are almost non-existent, but Argon displaces oxygen and could take someone’s life if transported in a closed vehicle. I used the Santa Cruz to bring the new cylinder of gas home (but, did not take a photo).

· Registered
530 Posts
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel

I am helping a friend move household goods from a storage unit to his new-to-him and his wife house. He is letting me sleep in their house so I do not pay $120 a night during the 50th class reunion of my seminary graduation at Concordia, St. Louis. The SC moved probably three times what you see in the photo, perhaps more.

· Registered
530 Posts
Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire

In St. Louis I helped friends move packed goods from a storage unit to their newly purchased home. The house had some shelving and scraps of lumber left by the previous owner. I agreed to take some of those things with me. The photo is back at my home almost 500 miles away from my friend and ready to unload.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts