Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share your own time-killer below. To qualify, it must have at least some vague connection to the Santa Cruz. Here's mine, to get us started:

Ran across this video, Why Gas Engines Are Far From Dead - Biggest EV Problems. The guy makes his points regarding the title with logic rather, than hysterics.

Santa Cruz connection:
Watch for the Easter Egg at 13:00, taking a shot at the "It's not a real truck" crowd.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
941 Posts
Researched and bought a Tent-Cot that can be used on the ground, in the bed or across the bed rails since I sold my RTT Trailer :sleep:

Ordered up three stickers so far for the rear window. Here they are.

Yeah, I'm buying into the lifestyle theme. :cool: Will be fishing and (hopefully) riding until the day I die.

Keep watching the Jeep Grand Cherokee 80th Edition and Limited-X trimmed and Mercedes Benz Sprinter van inventories in my favorite color, just in case a lightening bolt hits my Santa Cruz deliver truck. Dang those two push OTD pricing to $50K-$70K and beyond... :oops:

Way to many videos have crossed my eyeballs while watching for a real Santa Cruz "SE" model review. Sometimes I think I'm the only one here interested in the base SE. I get the attraction of the Limited and 2.5T/DTC, but sure would like to see a through review of the SE. Doesn't seem to exist yet... Is the SE AWD going to be rarer than the Limited? :unsure:

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
Here's my time killer, while I wait another month or four for Canada to start getting wheels in dealers (especially waiting for my Ultimate, which appear to be unicorns at this point). To fulfill the requirements of displaying an active lifestyle once I have my Cruz, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first kayak. Pelican Premium Catch 120 angling kayak.

Not being an excellent (or even good) swimmer, I need to get comfortable with it on the water before I try fishing from it - especially given some of the big toothy critters that lurk in our lakes. I mean, the slot size on musky around here is 54 inches. As in, you can't take one out of the lake unless it's OVER 54 inches. And yes, they are indeed out there clipping 60. Imagine the ride something like that would give you on a yak?? LOL I think I'd just cut my line and head for shore. :D

I've been wanting one for a long time. This year I was finally in a good place, financially, to pull the trigger. But apparently these things are ridiculously popular right now and sell as fast as a Santa Cruz. I've watched at least four models that I've had my eye on sell out locally, then regionally. Without leaving the province right now, I'd have to drive about 18 hours to find another one in Ontario. Only about 4 if I go to Manitoba. So I pulled the trigger Saturday afternoon and ordered the last one in this half of the province, an hour and a half away. It worked out pretty well too - because between a couple of bonus offers, I ended up getting almost $120 back in Canadian Tire money! That stuff IS like free money, with the amount of shopping I do there in the course of a year. lol

After I got it home, I pulled off the stickers/order slip, unwrapped the paddle, and grabbed my life jacket. Headed down to one of our boat launches and set sail. It was a beautiful night for it. Calm winds, warm but not stupid hot. I think it was the first time I've paddled since my last dragon boat race ... which was quite a few years ago now. Felt GOOD. The seat on this thing is SUPER comfy and the higher seating position is great for bad knees and my out of shape middle-aged self. LOL By the time I turned around to head back to the launch, my daughter was texting me to see if I was ever coming back. Kids have no patience these days, eh? :D

Anyway, here's a couple of pics. One in the back of my 24 year old GMC, which the Cruz will replace, and one looking down the river last night at our pulp mill from the yak. Given how it sits in the back of a normal size truck bed, I am DEFINITELY going to need to get some kind of bed extender or racks for the Cruz to haul the yak.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Water Cloud Sky Water resources Boat

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
I am DEFINITELY going to need to get some kind of bed extender or racks for the Cruz to haul the yak.
hitch bed extender isn't gonna work well with 12 foot long watercraft in my opinion

when I had my taco, it's a 5 foot long bed with that hitch extender, and the 12.5 feet long SUP stuck out so long, I was basically driving a minibus length of a vehicle

best way I'd do with SC is roof rack mount, just like how I do with the Venza for now

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
when I had my taco, it's a 5 foot long bed with that hitch extender, and the 12.5 feet long SUP stuck out so long, I was basically driving a minibus length of a vehicle
I do the same with my 5 foot Dakota bed. Sure its long but beats having to lift the thing to put it on the roof. Guess towing a 16 foot boat (w/trailer your looking at 20 feet) makes a yak seem "short" ;) Plus the yak can get messy depending on the haul out location and I would rather not have stuff dripping on my roof, so in the bed it goes. Got my rods, paddle and other junk that needs a place to stay too.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
12.5 is a little longer than mine (11' 8"), but I get what you're saying. I'm also not crazy about adding roof racks and hoisting a 70lb (plus add-ons to come) yak up on the roof. So many ways for that to go wrong too. It may be long hanging off a bed extender, but probably not much longer overall than my old Crown Vic station wagon was. LOL Or the 74 Gran Torino I had before that one. I'm okay with the extra length, so long as the load is secure. Or I may get a small trailer for it at some point. Working on plans for a bike trailer so I can just slap it on the back of my bike and pedal it to the lake. I'm not far from a launch.

Reactions: JMII
1 - 6 of 6 Posts