Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get mine tinted on my black Limited. The shop I have used in the past (because they do great work) says the SC is so new it's not in their plotter/cutter sysem yet. For those of you that have already tinted your windows, here's a question:

Did the shop that did yours use a cutter and if so what template did they use? I would think the 2021 Tucson should work but my local shop doesn't want to take the time to try it.
TIA...

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
I would think if you offered to pay them for the time and materials to test it, they would. BUT remember, while they share up-front appearances, the SC and Tucson don't share ANY body panels. So I'd be surprised as heck if it worked. You could always do the low-budget test method ... get a big sheet of paper, lay it over a Tucson window, trace it, cut it out, lay it over the SC window ... see if they line up. Only cost you a few bucks for the paper to see how close/different they are. Or with careful photography and Photoshop you could line up identical images of the two and see how they stack up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A good shop knows how to cut and fit film without a pattern. My Veloster was done that way. 4 windows, each a different size/shape

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
118 Posts
The dealership did mine. I don't know how they did it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the SC was the 1st out of the 10 cars that I have had that I I did not tint the windows myself payed $180 for front 2 windows and windshield strip its something about this that I thing done right

·
Registered
32 Posts
I want to get mine tinted on my black Limited. The shop I have used in the past (because they do great work) says the SC is so new it's not in their plotter/cutter sysem yet. For those of you that have already tinted your windows, here's a question:

Did the shop that did yours use a cutter and if so what template did they use? I would think the 2021 Tucson should work but my local shop doesn't want to take the time to try it.
TIA...
My dealer did mine for me. Take it to Hyundai dealer. Perhaps they can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts