Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a call on a recall? My dealer called (Oct. 27th, 2022) and said there is a now a recall on the Tonneau Cover Latch to "repair or replace". Just thought I'd pass this along. I told her mines been fine (unlike some folks here). She said it was up to me but should it ever break to schedule an appointment to get it fixed. I'll wait until I need to bring it in (hopefully never) for something else and have it looked at then. Hate setting there for hours in that place... and it always happens!

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
Anyone got a call on a recall? My dealer called (Oct. 27th, 2022) and said there is a now a recall on the Tonneau Cover Latch to "repair or replace". Just thought I'd pass this along. I told her mines been fine (unlike some folks here). She said it was up to me but should it ever break to schedule an appointment to get it fixed. I'll wait until I need to bring it in (hopefully never) for something else and have it looked at then. Hate setting there for hours in that place... and it always happens!
I checked my VIN and there's no safety recall, do you have the recall in writing?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If that tonneau canister is aluminum and they used steel bolts, then you will want to get them replaced ASAP with stainless steel (the good stuff - nonmagnetic - not the Chinese crappola 'stainless'.) This means the bolt, the nut, and any washers, also.

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
43 Posts
I just called corporate because my brakes are squeaking and the service dept has failed to fix it twice now and won't return my calls. The agent I talked to said there is a recall on my vehicle. "Campaign 971 recall — cover latch recall"

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz LTD AWD Hampton Gray
53 Posts
That's the new one that just came out on the 25th-inspecting and replacing (if necessary) the latch for the tonneau cover. We've had two break already.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The part where the nylon strap attaches to, apparently. We've broken two of them when we had our first Santa Cruz's on the lot by demoing them for customers. The housing separates from yanking too hard, I guess. I've just learned to take it a bit easy on mine until we get more parts for them in.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The part where the nylon strap attaches to, apparently. We've broken two of them when we had our first Santa Cruz's on the lot by demoing them for customers. The housing separates from yanking too hard, I guess. I've just learned to take it a bit easy on mine until we get more parts for them in.
I wonder if it is because the retract spring tension is set too high. I adjusted mine by a lot so it makes it easier to pull and still retracts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Could be possible, but the "inspection" for the issue is just yanking strait down on the strap and seeing if it pops off! I guess some are seated improperly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Checked my VIN, no recalls/campaigns. Site is Hyundai - Recalls
Thanks for the link, my vin # does show the campaign: (but not a recall, presumably because its not a safety issue)

Campaign #NHTSA Recall #DescriptionSafety RiskRemedyStatusCampaign Date
Service Campaign 9712022MY SANTA CRUZ (NXT) TONNEAU COVER LATCH INSPECTION AND REPLACEMENTIncompleteOct 25, 2021

I'll have it addressed at my first service, though no issues with it so far....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks for the link, my vin # does show the campaign: (but not a recall, presumably because its not a safety issue)

Campaign #NHTSA Recall #DescriptionSafety RiskRemedyStatusCampaign Date
Service Campaign 9712022MY SANTA CRUZ (NXT) TONNEAU COVER LATCH INSPECTION AND REPLACEMENTIncompleteOct 25, 2021

I'll have it addressed at my first service, though no issues with it so far....
Wonder what the "NXT" stands for... "not exactly a truck" perhaps? :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got the same issue with my constantly squealing regardless of how much I clean them.

I just called corporate because my brakes are squeaking and the service dept has failed to fix it twice now and won't return my calls. The agent I talked to said there is a recall on my vehicle. "Campaign 971 recall — cover latch recall"

1 - 20 of 30 Posts