Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone got a call on a recall? My dealer called (Oct. 27th, 2022) and said there is a now a recall on the Tonneau Cover Latch to "repair or replace". Just thought I'd pass this along. I told her mines been fine (unlike some folks here). She said it was up to me but should it ever break to schedule an appointment to get it fixed. I'll wait until I need to bring it in (hopefully never) for something else and have it looked at then. Hate setting there for hours in that place... and it always happens!
Mine is on order

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone got a call on a recall? My dealer called (Oct. 27th, 2022) and said there is a now a recall on the Tonneau Cover Latch to "repair or replace". Just thought I'd pass this along. I told her mines been fine (unlike some folks here). She said it was up to me but should it ever break to schedule an appointment to get it fixed. I'll wait until I need to bring it in (hopefully never) for something else and have it looked at then. Hate setting there for hours in that place... and it always happens!
I have a recall for latch. I have a SE trim . No tonneau cover. I thought it was for the brunk.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Brought my SEL + Activity for post engine break-in oil change and latch recall today. Tech didn't replace any latch parts. The service receipt said he pulled down and back with moderate force and strap didn't separate. He then noted it as Ok. He didn't replace the tonneau cover box bolts either. There is an emissions recall but service said I have to have at least 3000 miles for them to complete that service.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went in for the recall. Dealer said they have to inspect it, if there is a failure then they order some $1700 part. Sounds like a lot of BS since my cover was covered in Ice and they definitely did not even roll it up. Maybe they just need to check a part number or date code but still seems strange.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What broke? The strap attachment?
Yes the white piece that has the strap attachment, but not at the strap attachment itself. That entire white piece moves with the handle. It seperated right at the corner barely.

If you look in there that white piece has a tiny nub that fits into a spring loaded spindle. That nub is no longer in the hole on the spindle so nothing happens when pulling the handle.

At first the handle felt like it was stuck and wouldn't do anything. Then I turn the yellow lock mechanism a few times to see if that would help and it's basically now none functional and disengaged from the assembly.

Terrible design for something you pull on frequently.

Attachments

·
Registered
Limited
314 Posts
It actually works very well for its intended use. The issue is the manufacturer of the tonneau cover had been lax about how the retaining clip for that handle was installed. The clip would fall out and the handle was made useless. My white handle actually came off the tonneau completely. Once repaired, I have had zero issues with it for 6+ months now.

Where the clip is located is where the lanyard is attached to the handle. Where the handle pivots. When everything is installed correctly, and you don't yank too hard on the lanyard I guess, it is fine.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts