Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! For those that are interested or curious and haven't done it yet, I just wanted to highlight what it looks like underneath the tonneau cover...cover. ;-) As a maintenance item, periodically, you are supposed to open up the cover over where the tonneau cover rolls (remove leaves, dirt, etc.).

Super easy -- remove the two T15 torx bolts, and the cover hinges open revealing a, I don't know, "dust sweep" and the area underneath. Not much in there, but here you go!

Netbook Automotive design Automotive lighting Gadget Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive design Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
224 Posts
Any way to lube the mechanism in there to reduce the clanking when opening and closing the tonneau?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have friends who have had similar aftermarket, hard tonneau covers and the SC one seems pretty typical. Both some water leakage and the noise when it is opened and closed are widely considered normal for these among my truck friends. I have considered them for my trucks in the past because of their security and better appearance. But I bought vinyl tonneaus because they are cheaper, somewhat more waterproof. and take up less bed space. But you still have to sweat things getting wet back there when it rains hard with any tonneau. I see it as part of the truck bargain because it is a truck and not an enclosed vehicle. At least Hyundai gives you a standard tonneau, which I had to buy on my own for my mid $40k Tundra ten years ago!

Thanks for those pictures @hlacoss. it is nice to see under the covers. It all looks high quality and well made from what I can see..

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have friends who have had similar aftermarket, hard tonneau covers and the SC one seems pretty typical. Both some water leakage and the noise when it is opened and closed are widely considered normal for these among my truck friends.
Concure. I had a Roll-N-Lock on my old Ranger and the traits are the same. The main advantage to these style covers is they roll up and store (mostly) out of the way while being metal and lockable. The vinyl covers just snap or velcro in place which is much better at keeping water out but they offer zero security. Fiberglass covers can be locked but you can't remove them, just tilt up, so tall items can't fit. Sadly no solution is perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts