Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this has happened three times to me now. After driving, the tonneau cover opens part of the way. I believe this is from any bumps or going into parking lots. Is there any adjustment for how the cover latches to get it more secure?

·
Registered
132 Posts
So this has happened three times to me now. After driving, the tonneau cover opens part of the way. I believe this is from any bumps or going into parking lots. Is there any adjustment for how the cover latches to get it more secure?
Happened to me a couple times too. But it turned out that I was closing the cover "gently" because I was babying the new tonneau.

After I treated it like a truck and closed it firmly, the issue was resolved. Never opened again after that. :cool:

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
42 Posts
Happened to me a couple times too. But it turned out that I was closing the cover "gently" because I was babying the new tonneau.

After I treated it like a truck and closed it firmly, the issue was resolved. Never opened again after that. :cool:
Same here. I heard it roll open on a commute to work. When I got home that night I noticed if you “baby it” shut, it doesn’t fully engage the locking pins on the side rails.

It’s funny Hyundai is so set it’s not a truck but a SAV. But treat it like a truck and things work better.

Side- I think we need to coin that term “trucklet” for the SC it has a great ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually pull the cover past the engaging point with the tailgate down. then slowly release it to the latch point and then put the tailgate back up. I will try just closing is hard next time. Thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wait we were babying the tonneaus? I just pull it till I hear a good solid click and then push back on it, if it is going to be parked for a little while I will also lock it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts