Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you mind checking to see what the owner's manual says about child seats? Specifically if it has this disclaimer against using the outboard LATCH anchors to mount a child seat in the center seat?

From the Santa Fe manual:

Thanks!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Same as above... no middle seat, only outboard seats for the LATCH system.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same as above... no middle seat, only outboard seats for the LATCH system.
Thanks, I figured it would be. Apparently that's OK to do in some cars, and not others depending on how the anchors are spaced...

That'll make the rear space a little more of an important factor since someone will have to sit directly in front of the kiddo...

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
most of the lights and bulbs are LED
I rewatched the straightpipes live stream review carefully, the pre-production limited AWD one still has halogen license plate lights, rear turn signal lights.
and naturally, the first mod anyone should do is to swap halogen with LED bulb

·
Registered
173 Posts
I heard from the Santa Cruz Showroom guy today that it does have a 7 pin trailer connector and that this was already published in a press release. I don't recall having that included in the press release, but this is good news if true.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I heard from the Santa Cruz Showroom guy today that it does have a 7 pin trailer connector and that this was already published in a press release. I don't recall having that included in the press release, but this is good news if true.
I had heard 7 pin also, but I found the part number for the tow hitch harness which is S2F67 AC400 - the exact same 4 pin one used on the current Santa Fe.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I had heard 7 pin also, but I found the part number for the tow hitch harness which is S2F67 AC400 - the exact same 4 pin one used on the current Santa Fe.
Wouldn't it be a part shared with the Tuscon?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I rewatched the straightpipes live stream review carefully, the pre-production limited AWD one still has halogen license plate lights, rear turn signal lights.
and naturally, the first mod anyone should do is to swap halogen with LED bulb
"So say we all" - Starbuck

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
"So say we all" - Starbuck
:cool:

The rear stop lamp, reverse lamp and license plate lamps are non-LEDs regardless of model :(

Depending on model there are a few other non-LEDs in the interior. If I had to guess the LEDs are used on the models that have adjustable ambient lighting colors.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I found a site with the tow harness listed for the Santa Cruz with the same part number as above. Unfortunately it is a 4 pin harness. 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Trailer Hitch Harness (R007)
View attachment 935
Is it possible there's different harnesses depending on the engine tier? The guy from Hyundai told me on live feed that it was going to have a 7 pin connector. Granted he was just a marketing guy, but he really should be more careful with information like that when some other things he was so guarded about answering.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Is it possible there's different harnesses depending on the engine tier?
Maybe... since the turbo is rated for a bigger load it offers the 7 pin? If they were serious about towing they would offer the 7 pin. Seems like an odd thing to cheap out on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Maybe... since the turbo is rated for a bigger load it offers the 7 pin? If they were serious about towing they would offer the 7 pin. Seems like an odd thing to cheap out on.
OK.. I kind of went down a rabbit hole digging into this. It appears it is pre-wired for a 7 pin harness - but they don't make one. The Palisade and Santa Fe are the same way, but from digging around on Santa Fe forums, the Kia Telluride has a 7 pin harness which plugs directly into the pre-wiring on the Santa Fe and since the Santa Fe & Santa Cruz 4 pin harness are the same and plug into the same pre-wired connection it looks like the Telluride harness should fit. The Kia harness also comes with an additional 4 pin trailer brake harness to connect a trailer brake controller, which plugs into a plug on the wiring harness under the dash (plug is there on Santa Fe, not sure about SC).

Quite a few people were ordering the hitch from Hyundai, the harness from Kia and then having their Hyundai dealer install both. Here is a link to purchase the 7 pin harness: 2020-2021 Kia Telluride Tow Hitch Harness 7 Pin S9F67-AC500 Kia Parts Store Kia Wholesale Parts Phoenix Dallas San Francisco Los Angeles Bay Area | Kia Parts Store

·
Registered
173 Posts
OK.. I kind of went down a rabbit hole digging into this. It appears it is pre-wired for a 7 pin harness - but they don't make one. The Palisade and Santa Fe are the same way, but from digging around on Santa Fe forums, the Kia Telluride has a 7 pin harness which plugs directly into the pre-wiring on the Santa Fe and since the Santa Fe & Santa Cruz 4 pin harness are the same and plug into the same pre-wired connection it looks like the Telluride harness should fit. The Kia harness also comes with an additional 4 pin trailer brake harness to connect a trailer brake controller, which plugs into a plug on the wiring harness under the dash (plug is there on Santa Fe, not sure about SC).

Quite a few people were ordering the hitch from Hyundai, the harness from Kia and then having their Hyundai dealer install both. Here is a link to purchase the 7 pin harness: 2020-2021 Kia Telluride Tow Hitch Harness 7 Pin S9F67-AC500 Kia Parts Store Kia Wholesale Parts Phoenix Dallas San Francisco Los Angeles Bay Area | Kia Parts Store

View attachment 954

View attachment 953
You are the man for figuring this out for us.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So the SC, Santa Fe, Telluride don't have trailer brake controllers, but have a Harness connector under the dash (speculating for SC) and then this controller through that connector is powered and runs trailer brake controls to the back 7 pin wiring. Kia makes a 7 wire harness that runs to a 7 pin connector in place of the 4pin for the Santa Fe/Cruz.

Is this all correct? I want to make sure I understand. This is a sticking point for me on the SC since I am trying to be both fiscally responsible, utilitarian, yet also make myself happy between this and the Mav.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dumb question: What's a 7-pin connector gi e you that the 4-pin won't? Is it just for a brake controller?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
I found a site with the tow harness listed for the Santa Cruz with the same part number as above. Unfortunately it is a 4 pin harness. 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Trailer Hitch Harness (R007)
Meanwhile, if you want to stay under $30K, you can get a 250hp Maverick with the 4K tow package with a factory installed hitch and 7-pin trailer brake controller. The fact that it also gets an upgraded radiator, cooling fan, drive ratio, and transmission oil cooler that the Santa Cruz doesn't list tells me that the Maverick is also likely going to be more comfortable at its tow limit on a hot Texas summer in the hill country where I think the 190hp Hyundai powertrain would struggle.

I like that you could get your SC setup the same using Kia parts and whatever the dealership charges to set that up for you, but Ford wins big time on factory turn key option.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts