Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2022 Hampton Gray Santa Cruz
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of scrubby-scrub and splashy-splash and whirling brushes and shammies. I peeked inside the bed when I got out and there was a tiny little puddle at each front corner and a couple of drips at the end by the tailgate.

I have no idea how the bed will hold up to a prolonged drive through rain, but I guess we'll all know before too long.

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
440 Posts
Lots of scrubby-scrub and splashy-splash and whirling brushes and shammies. I peeked inside the bed when I got out and there was a tiny little puddle at each front corner and a couple of drips at the end by the tailgate.

I have no idea how the bed will hold up to a prolonged drive through rain, but I guess we'll all know before too long.
A few of us have already experienced driving our SC in very hard rain and none have reported any water in the bed. When I left the dealer with mine I drove 3+ hours in a very hard rain and there was no water in the bed at all. I was also parked in an all night downpour and had 4 or 5 drops on the driver's side in the bed near the tailgate.

· Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few of us have already experienced driving our SC in very hard rain and none have reported any water in the bed. When I left the dealer with mine I drove 3+ hours in a very hard rain and there was no water in the bed at all. I was also parked in an all night downpour and had 4 or 5 drops on the driver's side in the bed near the tailgate.
Excellent! Good to know. (y)

· Registered
176 Posts
I ha
I cringe just thinking about how many scratches those automatic car washes put into your paint :oops:
Good heads up for this type of car wash - some are bad. The one I use is new and never scratched my previous car. On facebook, many people have asked about the place and every comment has been positive. I looked carefully for any marks after going through, and did not fine anything.

· Registered
75 Posts

You can walk on the bed cover... Doubt car wash will harm it... High pressure does leave little puddle, but rain doesn't..

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
243 Posts
I have taken my limited through a touch less car wash and like the op said just a little puddle inside the gate. I will say though that 2 months ago we drove back from the outer banks with the bed full of luggage and beach stuff in heavy rain for the majority of the 300 mile trip. When we got home I was surprised to see that nothing was wet or damp. The cover seems to hold up well to long periods of heavy rain. Reminds me of my day with my avalanche I absolutely loved that cover!

· Registered
'23 Limited AWD Blue Stone
2,536 Posts
For what its worth the owners manual says to expect water around the tailgate area. My experience with a Roll-N-Lock was it stayed mostly dry too, a few drips here and there. Luggage should be fine since its expected to see a quick splash when being loaded/unloaded from a plane.

· Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the car washes with spinning brushes USED to be pretty rough on paint, but technology marches on and they're not bad now. The one we use seems to be gentle on paint but it does a very good job of cleaning the car (or truck. Or SAV).

But here's the deal: I'm too old to get out in the driveway and hand wash my vehicles, and when I can give a guy a $5 bill and get a good, soapy car wash with spot-free rinse and powerful air jets at the end to dry it, I'm gonna do it.

· Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,997 Posts
I like the ones that are half automatic and half hand wash. The automatic carwash wets the vehicle down and sometime even soaps it up, then one guy on each side of the vehicle do a quick hand wash while the car rolls down the carwash line. After that, the automatic systems rinse and blow dry the vehicle. You get to do the fine drying and vacuuming yourself. Carwashes like this are far and few between, but much cheaper if you can find one than a typical full service hand carwash that does all the detailed drying, plastic/rubber treatment and tire dressing.

Reactions: FFEMT6

· Registered
Limited
332 Posts
The old nylon brushes were brutal on paint. Then they went to cloth on the spinny things. Now you even see them with cloth just hanging and oscillating a little. Where the oscillation and dragging over the paint should be gentler.

I use a touchless wash as much as I can. But in dead of winter and with as much salt as they use in the Chicagoland area, the touchless just isn't enough. No way I am handwashing it in that weather. lol

I love ceramic coating and use that on all my vehicles. It just gets yearly maintenance to correct any scratches in the ceramic coating. Helps me get a longer life between coatings as well.

· Registered
135 Posts

My Limited leaks pretty bad. One of the MANY items on a (vey long) list of things for the dealer to fix... So many that I don't think my Cruz even had a Pre-Delivery Inspection... I do like this little truck though!

· Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
140 Posts
Did anyone have to shut off the automatic braking system when going through a car wash? Here in Buffalo I will definitely have to use a car wash in our colder snowy months. The ones near me use the system that you put the vehicle in neutral.

· Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did anyone have to shut off the automatic braking system when going through a car wash? Here in Buffalo I will definitely have to use a car wash in our colder snowy months. The ones near me use the system that you put the vehicle in neutral.
Yes. Turn off the Brake Hold or the truck won't move through the wash. I forgot once with my Stinger and the roller that pushes you through kept having to hop over my wheels, slamming me up and down. I got yelled at by the attendant. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.