Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
YMMV, but my dealer (granted, in Canada) ordered the hitch. I don't know exactly when it will arrive to be installed, but it's definitely available up here. Picking up on Friday, (arrived at the dealer yesterday) curious which accessories will be ready and which will be at a later date.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered my oem hitch from Hyundai and installed it myself. If you’re somewhat mechanically inclined, it’s only 1 hour worth of work. Others are reporting that Kurt hitches are available for half price.

·
Registered
Hampton Gray SEL Premium
262 Posts
That is interesting that there is such a large price difference as Curt makes the hitches for U-Haul.
I'm surprised you're surprised. There are 2 huge Hitch manufacturers in the US. If you go to Etrailer (one of the largest online retailers) you'll find the standard discount is 25%. Curt Wholesale is $199, (retail $325 or so), so $235 shipped from Uhaul (and others soon) is a fair deal and about the average discount you'll see now and in the future.

·
Registered
Black Santa Cruz 2022 Ultimate
2 Posts
YMMV, but my dealer (granted, in Canada) ordered the hitch. I don't know exactly when it will arrive to be installed, but it's definitely available up here. Picking up on Friday, (arrived at the dealer yesterday) curious which accessories will be ready and which will be at a later date.
Yep, same here, picking up tomorow afternoon (Montreal area, Canada) and the dealer just advised me the hitch is back order…. wondering if it woul be faster to order from hyundaishop? still have to get the boat out of the water one of these days….

·
Registered
138 Posts
U-Haul (Curt) hitches are backordered and 4+ weeks out according to the last email they sent me. When I ordered their site said available October 15th...
Had to do a lot of digging...

They have 7 in stock here (as of posting).

BUT...

You have to call, because the website won't let you add it to cart.

They are listed as an official curt retailer on curts website, and the people I spoke with were really friendly.

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
222 Posts
I ordered my oem hitch from Hyundai and installed it myself. If you’re somewhat mechanically inclined, it’s only 1 hour worth of work. Others are reporting that Kurt hitches are available for half price.
Did you have the Exhaust Hanger Removal Tool that is needed?
If not, how did you dislodge the exhaust hangers from the rubber holders?
Thanx.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.