Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temps have finally tanked around there and I got this low tire pressure warning message. No biggie, this happens all the time with the first cold snap. The funny thing is, it highlights the tire with the highest pressure, lower right. I did add a couple of PSI, but can’t get this message to go away. With other vehicles I’ve owned in the past, I could drive on the interstate for about 10min & the warning message would go away on it own. Not sure if I need to manually clear this myself or what??? And, yes, that is 17F.....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Gadget

·
Administrator
209 Posts
If you added only a couple of PSI, that might not be enough to turn off the low tire warning.

For example, the first generation Honda Ridgeline's specified tire pressure was 32 PSI. The low tire warning would turn on when the pressure fell below 24 PSI and would not turn off until the pressure increased above 29 PSI.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
It should clear itself. Give it a little time.

On another note, I'm reading that newer Hyundai vehicles self-program to new TPMS sensors if you change wheels and tires with the proper 433 Mhz TPMS in them. Can anyone confirm that? Maybe someone in the northern states or Canada that regularly swap summer and winter wheel and tire sets.

From another forum:
"I purchased a set of 2018 Elantra rims for my Kona with the sensors intact, and my car automatically synced them up without issue."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts