Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Sel Premium AWD 2.5LT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone aware of a way to track delivery status using a VIN?

I’m in CA. I was told the delivery date of my SC was Originally Oct, then Sept 28 and finally Sept 20. Obviously, I’m a week out from the 20th and nothing. Several days ago my SC and another appeared on the dealership’s website as though they had arrived and are now for sale. I was told it’s an automated process when the vehicles are close to the delivery date. Still there are no SCs on the lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealership provided me the VIN # on 8/28/29. They later provided an inventory snapshot showing my name and zip code (Anthony 95365) with the word “sold” on next to it. Don’t know how to upload the photo to show it though

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,207 Posts
Okay, sounds like you have an honest dealer. Many here (including myself) had their "reserved" Santa Cruz highjacked by their crooked stealerships.

Post up when you get. Congrats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not using the Insider Reservation Program. Basically, I visited the dealership and they had one Limited on the lot, which I didn’t want. I explained I was interested in a white PREMIUM. They told me they have one on the way. We started paperwork and I gave $1200 deposit to secure it

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,207 Posts
As far as I know only the dealerships can see that detailed information. Sometimes it's not even disclosed to the sales staff, but just the upper managers. Your dealers key people should know exactly where and what your vehicle status is.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Anyone aware of a way to track delivery status using a VIN?

I’m in CA. I was told the delivery date of my SC was Originally Oct, then Sept 28 and finally Sept 20. Obviously, I’m a week out from the 20th and nothing. Several days ago my SC and another appeared on the dealership’s website as though they had arrived and are now for sale. I was told it’s an automated process when the vehicles are close to the delivery date. Still there are no SCs on the lot.
My dealer So. CA sent me the VIN as well... it appeared on the hundaiusa.com site about 2 weeks later showing it was assigned to my dealer. It took another 5 weeks for it to arrive once it changed to "In Transit". So in total, once I had the VIN it was ~7 weeks to get it... the dealer kept sending me screenshots of their status and it missed the delivery date by 2 days. (on a truck from Riverside for 2 days??) My advice is to stay in touch with the dealer... they seem to have a good grip on actual dates.

Best of luck and congrats!! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts