Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally the temperature dropped to low 50s last night, and I tried out the heated steering wheel.

It takes about 15 seconds to get lukewarm, and about 40 seconds to get to max heat. I assume the colder the longer that it'll take.

The max temp isn't too hot, just enough to feel toasty and comfortable

On my Prius and Venza, the heated steering wheel feature only heats up the middle portion of the wheel, upper and lower part of the wheel is not heated.

In SC, the entire steering wheel is heated, I'm glad Hyundai didn't cheap out like Toyota did.

The heated steering wheel doesn't stay on after rebooting the vehicle.

Now I just need to figure out a way to preheat the steering wheel from the bluelink app, so far I don't see that option yet unfortunately.

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
183 Posts
I know on my Cherokee you can change that in the remote start settings and comfort settings. We don’t have our SC yet (10/20 allegedly) so I can’t check for you, but maybe try there

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I apparently hit my seat warmer switch by accident and couldn't understand why i was getting so hot. then it dawned on me and all 3 lights were on. Way too hot on high too.

BlueLink seat and steering wheel prewarm option would be nice. Isn't that the point? Once in and warm they aren't really needed. They could tie that to only operate when the engine is running from the remote start.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
683 Posts
Good to know it turns off after a restart. My '19 Soul+ Primo remains "on" (but the heated seats don't, go figure!) after a restart.

I am wondering if enable auto comfort in vehilce settings would enable heated sterring wheel & seats upon remote start? I remember my '14 Cadillac V Sport had a feature called adaptive remote start that would heat the steering wheel & seats; or cool the seats upon remote start depending on interior temperature.

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
222 Posts
From your Bluelink app on your phone, got to Remote Actions at the bottom.
There you can name and set up whatever you want your SC to do when it starts remotely.
I have one for Cool Down and another for Heat up which activates the heated steering wheel and heated or ventilated seats depending on the weather conditions.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From your Bluelink app on your phone, got to Remote Actions at the bottom.
There you can name and set up whatever you want your SC to do when it starts remotely.
I have one for Cool Down and another for Heat up which activates the heated steering wheel and heated or ventilated seats depending on the weather conditions.
Blue Font Gadget Electric blue Circle

I only get these options, is there a different bluelink app? are you on android or ios?

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
222 Posts
I only get these options, is there a different bluelink app? are you on android or ios?
Android.
You have the correct app.
Tap Remote Start.
It'll give you the option to add other presets or edit the existing ones, e.g., Summer or Winter, by tapping the gear icon under the labels on the left.
You can then Save these settings at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium / Preferred Trend
93 Posts
Has anyone with an I-Phone tried this? I see the favorites screen and can adjust the settings but I can’t title it or save it. “Save” (bottom right corner, dim) doesn’t light up as clickable. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Azure Communication Device Mobile device Gadget Portable communications device

·
Registered
Limited
301 Posts
On the Blue link app you can set different options for four different remote start profiles.

You can also have the heated seats and heated steering wheel turn on with your user profile.

Setup > Vehicle > Seat > heat/ventilated features > Auto controls that use climate control > then you'll have options for heated steering wheel and heated/ventilated seats. They are turned on based on climate settings.

Font Flat panel display Gadget Electric blue Technology

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Can indeed verify that the auto settings based on ambient temps DO in fact work ... for the driver's seat only. I've noticed on the cool mornings (+5/+6 C) that the heated wheel and my seat warmer come on automatically when I start, but the passenger seat gets no auto-love. Oh well. Once it gets cold enough to worry about using my remote start profiles, I already have them set up to turn on all of them. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.