Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twelve months and above

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently deposited a grand and the dealership ordered the model and color I choose. I wonder if I can estimate a rough deliver timeline by asking you to do a poll below. Thanks and have a blessed day!

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
82 Posts
There is no "ordering". Dealers get an allocation of builds. If you are worried time and the dealer does not have the allocation already, I would search nearby dealers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is no "ordering". Dealers get an allocation of builds. If you are worried time and the dealer does not have the allocation already, I would search nearby dealers.
We had to order up here in Canada. That's the only way we would have gotten a Santa Cruz...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There is no "ordering". Dealers get an allocation of builds.
Correct. From the launch of the SC this misunderstanding has continued regarding how Hyundai manages inventory.

They don't build your "order" the dealer just asks the factory if a vehicle fitting your desired configuration comes off the assemble line then please send it them because they have an interested customer. If its a low volume dealer their allocation maybe smaller resulting in a longer wait.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
122 Posts
August 13 and still waiting...........any day now

·
Registered
22 SC SEL AWD activity package, '21 Chevrolet 3500HD Duramax
80 Posts
I wasn't able to choose anything, all the dealers I spoke with said this is what is coming in take it or leave it. But from deposit to delivery it took 8 weeks. Deposit in September my SC was built in October and I got it right before Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wasn't able to choose anything, all the dealers I spoke with said this is what is coming in take it or leave it. But from deposit to delivery it took 8 weeks. Deposit in September my SC was built in October and I got it right before Thanksgiving.
WOW - what colour did you end up getting?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You can get anything you want... if you are a) willing to wait or b) willing to go out of state or c) pay up. I've done B before but only with used cars that are broken in. C is out of the question so I am stuck with plan A.

No way I am dropping $40k on something that isn't exactly what I want. Hyundai is on pace to build 30,000 SCs a year but right now demand is higher then supply so finding one can be a challenge. Recently inventory has dropped even lower due to what I assume is a combination of the Dec sales offerings plus factory time off for the holidays. Unit volume in my area went from near 300 total vehicles (all trims and colors) down to about 1/2 that one month. The particular trim and color I'm looking for is down from 7 units (on average) to just 2 :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
anyone who has followed my journey, wait for the SC I got word that it is scheduled to arrive next Thu and hope to take delivery in a week! barring any further delays due to upcoming storms in the Northeast. wish me luck, the next week is going to be excruciating.

·
Registered
23 Posts
anyone who has followed my journey, wait for the SC I got word that it is scheduled to arrive next Thu and hope to take delivery in a week! barring any further delays due to upcoming storms in the Northeast. wish me luck, the next week is going to be excruciating.
goooooooood luck! what colour?

·
Registered
22 SC SEL AWD activity package, '21 Chevrolet 3500HD Duramax
80 Posts
Hope the dealer didn't market correct you to bad. The dealer I bought from told me I was the last MSRP deal. After me they started tacking on 2000

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
525 Posts
Is Hyundai still making the Santa Cruz Limited, because I rarely see them advertised as being for sale? They must be producing them in very low numbers relative to the number of SEL Premium trim level units that are available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is Hyundai still making the Santa Cruz Limited, because I rarely see them advertised as being for sale? They must be producing them in very low numbers relative to the number of SEL Premium trim level units that are available.
They are hard to get but they are out there. I was able to get one within a week. I just called a bunch of dealers to see if they were available and went with who had the best deal. Got my stone blue limited yesterday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just put myself on a list for one at my dealer, but they sure seem to have dried up lately in my area. My guess is due to the chip shortage they are making less Limited models. I assume it's the same reason they left out parking sensors, memory seats, and power passenger seat on the SC, knowing those components are in short supply.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts