Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, takeaway cliffs notes for the tl;dw crowd, despite being a dedicated truck channel, and the SC not even wanting to advertise itself as a truck, they say that most people are "overtrucked" (too expensive, too thirsty, too big) and would be better served by something like the SC, pointed out that the actual payload of the SC was higher than the F-150, and overall give it a lot of praise which is actually a bit dangerous on a truck dedicated channel since there is risk of offending their big truck driving subscribers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Love the videos these guys do - I hadn't checked their channel in a while, so thanks for posting this. Did anyone see the one where they did a 0-60 run on a SC with that 2500 lb. pontoon boat behind it? The 2.5T made it in 11 some seconds which is quite good towing that much weight.

I have to agree that I am over-trucked in my Tundra. It is comfortable on the highway and sometimes I need all that capability but 90% of the time I do not. I also hate the climb into the bed and the big lift to load stuff. I really hate trying to navigate parking garages and even some drive throughs. And then the mileage with my 5.7L engine is beyond pathetic, even though it is a sweet engine. I have a friend who carries folding steps in his 1/2 ton to get into the bed, although he never, ever needs its capabilities. I think it is mainly an ego thing for a lot of people who want the biggest truck on the road. And the trend continues with 1/2 tons growing bigger with almost every generation.

So this review points out what I decided for myself. The US 1/2 ton makers are selling the trucks that we think we need, while the SC is all the truck that we actually need most of the time. I call a big win for Hyundai.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts