Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone here filled up there tank when “distance to empty” read zero (0) - I’m curious, I typically do this to all my vehicles to see how much is left in the tank…
I did. From when low fuel light came on to DTE zero I ran 46.2 miles, approximately 2-2.2 gallons. Drove a few more and filled up with 16.11 gallons. So ballpark estimate would be low fuel would come on at about 20% tank left (3.5 gallons), DTE zero leaves about 1.5 gallons left in reserve.

Of course that is assuming that we fill up the tank to mfr's estimate on a standard fill without topping anything off.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
216 Posts
You're saying when the SC senses knock it advances the timing? Please show proof of that, please.
Sorry, been out of pocket. I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking ... the knock sensor will send a signal to the EMC (Engine Management Computer) and it will normally RETARD the timing to prevent the knock.

I stand corrected.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Premiums only about 30 cents more a gallon at Costco.

Lower octane rated fuels will lower your gas mileage in modern engines as they have octane sensors to adjust the programming. Higher octane rated fuels resist detonation further and therefore provide more powerful detonation with the same energy. The difference in my wife's GMC terrain is 2-3 mpg, but this does not come close to covering the cost difference between premium and regular.

When I was running e85, the power gains were large. My gas mileage dropped, but the price was a lot lower compared to premium. It was about a wash for price, but I had my nice power gains.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts