Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic edge clip snapped while reinstalling my passenger side trunk compartment cover at night. (See photo) any recommendations on how to repair?

I would love to see a metal replacement so when used with the lock (I forget which thread I read that in) I will have better lockable security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Hampton Limited
32 Posts
I replaced one clip on each side with the FJM Security Combi-Cam 7850R-S-Black Combination Cam Lock, 5/8" Black Finish from Amazon for about $10 helps to protect if I have the tonneau cover open
Grille Photograph Motor vehicle White Hood

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
It wasn't the locking latch that broke - it was the plastic tab that slots into the side of the bed that snapped off. Not sure there's much you can do with it, since that appears to be molded right into the cover and not attached. I'd give Rapid Fix a try (https://www.amazon.ca/RapidFix-RFX7121100-Dual-Adhesive-System/dp/B0021UMTZQ/) ... I love that stuff!! Once it hardens up it's sandable/paintable too. Not sure how well it would hold up long-term in that particular use, but could be worth a try. It's essentially super glue with a fast-cure powder that turns rock hard when they're combined. I'm sure there are others out there like it, but I've used this for all sorts of things, including crafting a temporary artificial thumbnail when I ripped mine back and split it down the middle a few years ago. Probably not a recommended use ... but it did what I needed it to do. LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doubt the Warranty angle since it was already moded.
I swear Siri has something against me. I haven’t modded anything yet. Do you think the warranty might still cover it I’ve only had the SC for two weeks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, that's the first thing I'd do is to contact the dealer and tell them it broke.
@Trucklet4me ; Before I go ahead and use the epoxy… I think I’ll go and bring it up to the dealer. I’m on my way there tomorrow anyways already got a screw in my tire. Downside of living near DC and working in Baltimore I get an hour commute on a good day twice a day every day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts