Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place but............... I swear to gosh the Tucson pricing went up over night, I thought the base model was $23000something and now it's $24000something
Maybe making way for the Santa Cruz pricing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tucson pricing was definitely 24.5k last week when I checked. I think they raised the price with the 2022 redesign.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tucson pricing was definitely 24.5k last week when I checked. I think they raised the price with the 2022 redesign.
Maybe I was looking at a 2021 ?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Now will the SC be more or less money then the Tucson? The Maverick is clearly going to be cheaper, likely by $3 to 5k regardless of trim.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I'll be shocked if it's less than the Tuscon. But then again, there is less physical material in the SC because of the open bed. They need to just get on with it and announce pricing. At this point, they're hurting their own potential pre-sales by holding that information back.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'll be shocked if it's less than the Tuscon. But then again, there is less physical material in the SC because of the open bed. They need to just get on with it and announce pricing. At this point, they're hurting their own potential pre-sales by holding that information back.
Agree on all points.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I wont reserve until I know the pricing and options. We need Build and Price. Also, Hyundai needs to announce if Santa Cruz can be purchased with the Circle A Plan.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Me too, HOWEVER:

Ford Escape Hybrid FWD (before options) = $28K base trim to $33.6K top trim
Ford Maverick Hybrid FWD (before options) = $20K base trim to $25.5K top trim

So the truck version of the Escape is about $8K cheaper like for like! Maybe since the mini-truck niche is a new market, manufacturers may be willing to sell at tiny profit margins just to establish dominance first, and not look for profitability in the new niche until next generation?

Could also be a "gateway drug" business model, as people that buy and love their Ford Maverick may graduate to a profitable F-150 at some point and Hyundai is supposed to be getting into fullsize trucks soon too, so could have a similar plan since people tend to stick with the same brand after positive experiences.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I wonder if the Bronco Sport pricing should be in the mix? Just because most of the entire body has been lifted directly from it. Hood, fenders, right back through the front doors, really. A lot of the BS interior bits too, with some extra cheap hard plastics in the mix. Eh, it's about the same as the Escape, either way. LOL

I'd LOOOOOOOOOOVE to see the SC come in lower than the Tucson. But I'm not getting my hopes TOO high.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
941 Posts
I noticed that yesterday when looking for a Ford Escape Hybrid to test drive. I want to compare what the Maverick engine and trans feel like to the Tucson with same Santa Cruz SE engine and trans. This makes me think that under $20K 40mpg Maverick is a wishful myth. Until a Ford dealer has one on their dealership floor for that price I won't fall for their price marketing hype. Even at that stated price the MSRP goes over $21K with destination charges.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I noticed that yesterday when looking for a Ford Escape Hybrid to test drive. I want to compare what the Maverick engine and trans feel like to the Tucson with same Santa Cruz SE engine and trans. This makes me think that under $20K 40mpg Maverick is a wishful myth. Until a Ford dealer has one on their dealership floor for that price I won't fall for their price marketing hype. Even at that stated price the MSRP goes over $21K with destination charges.
Let's hope that the Dealer I ordered through will stand by the price on the Order invoice we both signed....Or I'm going to get very vocal ...through every media outlet that will listen.. VERY

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just saw a Fox News report on the Cruz starting production with no Pricing yet... Maybe if we get more News coverage of the lack of pricing....maybe it will help but I feel like there is no captain steering this ship...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
What I don't get is the manufacture has to apply the Monroney sticker (aka window sticker) by law - but I watched the assembly video again and none of the vehicles have the sticker applied yet. It is illegal for the dealer to remove or modify this sticker, however they can put on an additional sticker with whatever BS add-ons or fees they want: Don’t Get Stuck With Window Stickers so how can Hyundai be letting sticker-less vehicles go out the door?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What I don't get is the manufacture has to apply the Monroney sticker (aka window sticker) by law - but I watched the assembly video again and none of the vehicles have the sticker applied yet. It is illegal for the dealer to remove or modify this sticker, however they can put on an additional sticker with whatever BS add-ons or fees they want: Don’t Get Stuck With Window Stickers so how can Hyundai be letting sticker-less vehicles go out the door?
Well, respectfully... building does not mean shipping. I would fully expect a window sticker for shipment, but if they are just being parked at the plant for now......:)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Well, respectfully... building does not mean shipping. I would fully expect a window sticker for shipment, but if they are just being parked at the plant for now......:)
Very true... but that means someone with a stack of stickers is running around in a parking lot all day reading VINs. I can't imagine that is the preferred way to affix window stickers. Maybe they have a bunch of interns assigned to this task or its a fun game to play on "take your kid to work" day :LOL:

·
Registered
TBD
49 Posts
Very true... but that means someone with a stack of stickers is running around in a parking lot all day reading VINs. I can't imagine that is the preferred way to affix window stickers. Maybe they have a bunch of interns assigned to this task or its a fun game to play on "take your kid to work" day :LOL:
Believe it or not, with the OEM I work for, that's not too far off of how it's done. Our cars are built overseas and the monroney is placed on the car after it reaches the US at the port of entry.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
941 Posts
Let's hope that the Dealer I ordered through will stand by the price on the Order invoice we both signed....Or I'm going to get very vocal ...through every media outlet that will listen.. VERY
For what it is worth, my friend did the Bronco Sport $1,000 early reservation and everything went smoothly for him, including agreed price at the time of reservation. My problem with the Maverick offering is the lack of a 2.5L Hybrid "AWD" model. Even when I priced out a 2WD XTL with Luxury Package it came just over $27K. Being that Ford is charging over $3K+ for their AWD, that would take a basic AWD XLT over $30K (not sure how much of that $3K+ is for the transmission change required with the 2.0T engine change?).

You should be good if you have it in writing. (y)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
that would take a basic AWD XLT over $30K
Those mid to upper trim levels is where the SC needs to show its value, because no matter how much you loaded up a Maverick it’s still got a plain and frankly cheap looking interior. Once you cross a certain price point the Mav doesn’t seem worth it. The hybrid model for the Ford is where it’s at, upgrade to the standard engine (which we don’t have MPG for) and the SC should (in theory) become a better choice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts