Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just figured this out and figured I would spread the word (maybe again) to save you from trying to figure it out….

If you maybe are parked somewhere and want to run your engine but turn off the Daytime Running Lights, simply park, turn your headlamp position to off, AND set your parking break! Viola! The DRLs will turn off.
Hope this helps some of you!

Purple Violet Font Magenta Visual effect lighting

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello! I just figured this out and figured I would spread the word (maybe again) to save you from trying to figure it out….

If you maybe are parked somewhere and want to run your engine but turn off the Daytime Running Lights, simply park, turn your headlamp position to off, AND set your parking break! Viola! The DRLs will turn off.
Hope this helps some of you!

View attachment 4503
Sky Cloud Gesture Poster Cap

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
244 Posts
My DRLs are staying on when I get it. The front end is already amazing. Those DRLs put it over the top. Those lights were made to show off.
Turning them off using the described method will keep them off until you put it in gear to drive again. So they're always on.

I've turned mine off twice, both times when watching a movie at the drive in theater. I'd rather have them off than have everyone pissed at me. Or have to tape garbage bags over them to block the light like the guy in the BMW did when I went to the drive in last year.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ultimate Twilight Black
91 Posts
Turning them off using the described method will keep them off until you put it in gear to drive again. So they're always on.

I've turned mine off twice, both times when watching a movie at the drive in theater. I'd rather have them off than have everyone pissed at me. Or have to tape garbage bags over them to block the light like the guy in the BMW did when I went to the drive in last year.
Dumb question, how do you keep the radio when you're watching the movie?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
244 Posts
Dumb question, how do you keep the radio when you're watching the movie?
I idled through the movie, so it wasn't an issue. Yeah, my MPG on that tank was pretty bad (17.2mpg), but it was worth it to me.

There's also a way to turn off the infotainment screen.

I also turned the dash dimmer all the way down, and placed a travel pillow between the steering wheel and the dash to block the remaining dash lighting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I idled through the movie, so it wasn't an issue. Yeah, my MPG on that tank was pretty bad (17.2mpg), but it was worth it to me.

There's also a way to turn off the infotainment screen.

I also turned the dash dimmer all the way down, and placed a travel pillow between the steering wheel and the dash to block the remaining dash lighting.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Tire Shorts

You have a Santa Cruz, this is the only way to do a drive-in 😂

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
943 Posts
Really an SC? - no roof spoiler, overhanging C pillar, completely different wheel wells and back lights, and dome and no triangles on the plastic bed trims. That must be Snow white and one of the 7 characters she hangs out with having a drink,

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
943 Posts
I and my better half are vertically challenged, with Dachshund legs we could make it work - but in Ontario, Canada, it will be at least May 24 weekend before the the Drive-ins will be open

·
Registered
232 Posts
Really an SC? - no roof spoiler, overhanging C pillar, completely different wheel wells and back lights, and dome and no triangles on the plastic bed trims. That must be Snow white and one of the 7 characters she hangs out with having a drink,
You're absolutely right, I totally missed the other styling elements that distinguish the SC. Had tunnel vision to what I thought was a SC rear window. 🤦‍♂️
I don't own one yet in my defense. 😂

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
943 Posts
You're absolutely right, I totally missed the other styling elements that distinguish the SC. Had tunnel vision to what I thought was a SC rear window. 🤦‍♂️
I don't own one yet in my defense. 😂
Good defence (Canadian Spelling)- however I could spot an SC from the moon, hidden behind a rock in a crater, in a dust storm, during my waiting for the dream period

1 - 20 of 20 Posts