Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2022 Black Hybrid Limited Tucson
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He did a great job (as he always does) here. Wish he would have had the Limited to review:

Weird @ 0:09 the way the front turn indicators AT NIGHT look like they are pointing the opposite of your intention. That is prolly just to my eye, i confuse wayyyyy too easily...lol

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
Yup! > 馃憖 <

You wouldn't think it mattered, but it does something to your unconscious mind. o_O

Registered
... Weird @ 0:09 the way the front turn indicators AT NIGHT look like they are pointing the opposite of your intention. That is prolly just to my eye, i confuse wayyyyy too easily...lol ...
From 2:18, even though I know what's happening, I actually think that car is preparing to turn right! When the left mirror signal comes into view, it adds a contrapoint which causes a moment of even further weird instability. Of course, we have all seen and discussed this phenomenon, so we're preloaded to sort the confusion -- but still....

I wonder if many oncoming drivers mutter, "What the...!" when they see an SC turning the "wrong way." Hopefully, that is the worst thing that happens.

Registered
As I have said in a past thread, your in a city you have never been in before, your lost, traffic is heavy, it' raining cats and dogs, the Santa Cruz facing you has a turn signal arrow flashing pointing to your left, you go straight because the Santa Cruz signal indicates it will go the direction the arrow points. The Santa Cuz hits you in the drivers door, "what the **** just happened". As HSC4ME said the mind reacts in strange ways, more so in unplanned stressful situations. The turn signal arrow should point in the direction the vehicle is going.

Registered
2022 Black Hybrid Limited Tucson
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so its not just me, someone in the comments pointed it out, had to watch a couple of times and then i was like, "i could TOTALLY see it causing confusion under certain distracted driving conditions"... hopefully not

Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
I've seen those arrows on our local ambulances too - as SEQUENTIALS! I love 'em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts