Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm puzzled, It's been 2 months to the day since I bought my Santa Cruz. My experience at Hyundai of Greer wasn't good. I let Hyundai USA know all about the experience when they contacted me about my dealer review 2 months ago. "Vanna won't be going back to there for service and they have lost me for a "customer for life" LOL! Part of the issue when I purchased was while my wife and I were at the dealership I was getting calls from Hyundai of Greer's phone bank asking me when I was going to come to see the Santa Cruz. Like many of you here I had been waiting with a reservation. At which point I found one on the ground and made an "appointment" I was on site purchasing the car fielding calls asking when I was coming in. ((( I was there!!) I bought it pretty close to MSRP ( I got out at 38000) I figured this might be my only shot and if demand was high prices might sky-rocket. That I guess is turning turn. I also found that mine was damaged and it was hidden. Minor strap on the T-cover was ripped off. Since it only had 11 miles on it and it was the 1st Santa Cruz sold at this dealership that someone was probably checking it out and broke it and hid it. It was put in a plastic bag and put under the seat next to my $30 first aid kit.

I'm ranting a bit but you expect when you pay 38000 for something that they would remember. Or remember that is was Mrs. Boilerman who blew a gasket at their dealership when they bait and switched me.

Fast Forward 2 months later. I leave the dealer logos on the back. They were supposed to be removed by the dealer when cleaned up (As agreed). I'm still a little sore from the quick numbers change from my salesman to the manager to the final paperwork. I'm good with the license plate frame that says "Don't get yours where I got mine" And I have spoken to maybe 50 people in that 60 days about my experience and that my SC will be serviced and cared for at a different Hyundai dealership.

Are you ready for the punchline?
I get a call at 7pm tonight- 2 months to the day I bought mine.
"Mr Boilerman If you are still interested in a Santa Cruz we would love to have you check one out at Hyundai of Greer."

My reply? I bought one 2 months ago from your dealership. crickets....

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,002 Posts
You're simply on a list that sales people are using as a call sheet and haven't been removed yet. I'd contact one person at a dealer, then I'd start getting emails/calls form several others from the same dealer. Happened at multiple dealers. Phone calls and emails form different sales people everywhere, that have obviously never even read what I wrote in the emails and when to contact me. They simply want to sell what they have on the lot to anyone they can convince to buy it. They completely ignore the trim level and color you have already told them is the ONLY car you want and that MSRP is the highest price you will pay; or the fact you have already bought one for MSRP from their dealer or another dealer despite them claiming no one is selling them for MSRP. Typical stealership sales behavior. You are not special.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'm really really happy with it overall and I should be thankful my situation was as good as it was and is. Sometimes the boiler has to vent
a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts