Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
22 Ice White SEL Activity AWD
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short mice are getting in my brunk and air intake container, I got acorn pieces rolling around everywhere! I set a trap and caught one, does anyone have this problem or found a good solution? I don't have a garage or a cat lol.

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
440 Posts
Long story short mice are getting in my brunk and air intake container, I got acorn pieces rolling around everywhere! I set a trap and caught one, does anyone have this problem or found a good solution? I don't have a garage or a cat lol.
Something ain't right if mice are getting in your brunk. Hard to see how that's on Hyundai. The display will tell you if the brunk is not closed. That's all.

· Registered
22 Ice White SEL Activity AWD
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What? I didn't say anything about it being on Hyundai. The brunk is closed, I'm not dumb, there are tiny factory holes around it on the bottom inside and the latch area is a easy spot for a mouse to fit through, mice can fit through very small holes and gaps in any vehicle, I am looking for a good solution or someone else's experiences.

· Registered
1,943 Posts
Rodents , likely chipmunks got under my engine cover
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Saw Automotive exterior

· Registered
Sage Gray Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
212 Posts
Try scented dryer sheets. I’m told it works, not sure how often you have to replace them, but I hear they don’t like the smell.

· Registered
55 Posts
Amazon sells "Rodent Defense", and mothballs. I had two cars with damage, and after the 2nd one I started using both the spray and mothballs. Not sure if it worked, but the rodents (I think in my car they were chipmunks) didn't return last winter. I put the mothballs in a plastic container with drilled holes and attached it under the hood.

· Registered
2022 SEL Premium Stone Blue
87 Posts
I had a mice problem in my SC too. I don't drive it every day and I live out in the country. These are the 2 products I use.
I mounted 1 of the repellent boxes under the hood and the other is in the back seat floor board. I placed the scented pouch under the drivers seat.

· Registered
77 Posts
Found this on Amazon:
Font Screenshot News Web page Art

There are other choices there as well, I saw something similar advertised on TV.

· Registered
497 Posts
Peppermint oil never worked for anyone i knew. For years Toyota recommended that. They had issues with mice in the cabin air filter Lol.

They sell a cinnamon snake repellant spray at home depot that seemed to work maybe. But I see rodent damage a lot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts