Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Well I made it approx 4000 miles before someone in a parking lot tagged her. We were at an event in town raising money for our local humane society. It was in several parking spots that day. And of course the guilty party didn't stick around. I'm happy for the wheel cladding or it would've been worse. Took a pic this morning to share.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hoping when I get her all cleaned up again it will look better. When she took a smack to the hood with a chunk of tire a few months ago it actually looked worse but it cleaned right up. I think the marks on the body will clean up. The wheel well cladding helped a lot. I might even be able to smooth it out a bit

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Sorry to hear, but it doesn't look too bad. Most likely the paint mark will buff out and cladding will cleanup.

You made it further than I did with my brand new Honda Element back in 2006. I parked in a Home Depot two weeks into ownership. When I came out and backed out of the parking spot I cranked my wheel early because there was no one next to me. I hear a thump! Stopped the car and got out to see one of those low flatbed carts was left right next to my car on the passengers side. Of course I had no idea it was there and couldn't see it form the drivers side. Left a nice nick in the paint that wouldn't buff out. Every time I went to the passenger side of that Element, my eyes went right to it. :mad:

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
144 Posts
View attachment 4772 Well I made it approx 4000 miles before someone in a parking lot tagged her. We were at an event in town raising money for our local humane society. It was in several parking spots that day. And of course the guilty party didn't stick around. I'm happy for the wheel cladding or it would've been worse. Took a pic this morning to share.
That sucks. I live on a narrow road and with oncoming traffic I had to move over last week. The farmer who owns the property there never cuts back the brush at the roads edge which has dried and gotten stiff. I heard scraping down the side and was gifted with an 18" scratch down the rear quarter with two more smaller ones...front fender and bottom of the rear door. I was able to buff them out for the most part in an hour. I need to hit it again, but winter is here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts