Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai is pushing to build more trucks as it admits that it isn't as well set up to deal with the industrys truck and crossover driven sales surge.

That the Santa Cruz generated favourable buzz post Detroit is no secret and Hyundai Motor America has been pressuring Korean HQ to accelerate development, which they now say will come some time in November.

Already production facilities have been shuffled from cars to crossovers, with additional factories also slotted for construction. The capacity is there and waiting, coupled with the Hyundais recent trademark filing and the Santa Cruz's confirmation would seem all but a formality.

·
Registered
729 Posts
These will be some interesting times having seen Hyundai and Kia turn the brands around into successful brands and now delving into the growing truck and crossover markets. I'd like to see something that'll compete in the RAM 1500, F-150 range.

·
Registered
385 Posts
They'd have to build them in America or deal with a huge tariff. Perhaps with the growth of that market it is now worth it though. You have to be pretty confident to attempt to go against F-150.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't mean to be rude, but I hate seeing this thread's picture as the main thing when you come to this forum. I would be hugely disappointed if the Santa Cruz turned out looking like this (Ridgeline) and - long shot - I'd hate for designers to come to this page, see that picture, and think that THAT is what we want.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought that was a more recent rendering of the Cruz.
My only concern if the lack of trunk space as I won't be able to fix my bike on there is this image is any indication:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree I HATE HATE HATE that image. Its was a mock up image made by Carscoops.com as their prediction for what the production vehicle will look like. Probably made to look terrible on purpose to spark rage for internet revenue. It has absolutly nothing to do with Hyundai or any official channel.

Please take that garbage down.

The Santa cruz concept is awesome and I will be first in line to buy, but if it looks like this image I wont even bat an eye and try to forget i had all this hopeful lust.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I agree I HATE HATE HATE that image. Its was a mock up image made by Carscoops.com as their prediction for what the production vehicle will look like. Probably made to look terrible on purpose to spark rage for internet revenue. It has absolutly nothing to do with Hyundai or any official channel.

Please take that garbage down.

The Santa cruz concept is awesome and I will be first in line to buy, but if it looks like this image I wont even bat an eye and try to forget i had all this hopeful lust.
They made minimal changes if any to this from the concept. from what I can make of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That argument could be made, but it could also be made that, that looks nothing at all like the concept.
Instead of pointing out differences that matter ill just say that if the production vehicle looks anything like that vs the concept then I bet a lot of the people who loved this idea are going to drop off fast including me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I also agree that that image needs to come down.

They made minimal changes if any to this from the concept. from what I can make of it.
Everything from the A pillar back has been changed. They've stretched it to look like a crew cab midsize pickup. That's not what the Santa Cruz is.

Now if the SC does ok, a vehicle like that would be a good next step as a direct competitor to the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
286 Posts
LOL can anyone explain logically why that image should come down? this forum has no official representation with Hyundai and lets be serious... You think that picture is going to influence the final design...delusions...
Can you give a good reason why something that does not represent the Santa Cruz at all should be a front page article about waiting for confirmation of the Santa Cruz?

Hyundai has put out several newer photos of the actual SC on social media that they could have used.

Let's use this one next time:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've just read an article gazette dubai but I'm not too sure how accurate their information is. If they Santa Cruz does get approved then Hyundai's ability to produce them could be an issue. The Alabama facility is already producing a large number of units for the Sonata and Elantra models so the release date of the Santa Cruz will probably be based on how fast Hyundai can build those extra production plants.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The Ulsan, Korea plant builds the Tuscon, building the Santa Cruz at that plant would be great as the Cruz is said to be based on its platform.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wonder if the VW diesel scandal will have any affect on the Santa Cruz. Maybe the diesel emissions standard will become more stringent because of this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
According to an analyst at TIW Inc in Tokyo “There is the possibility that authorities raise the bar of emissions testing even higher."

Mazda is already being affected negatively because of this so we'll have to wait and see what the buyers and authorities decide.

·
Registered
729 Posts
With that being said it's quite possible that we could see something new from them roll out starting 2016, looking forward to what eventually comes of this.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts