Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
In the meantime, we'll have to wait until November to hear what Hyundai has to say about the Santa Cruz. Maybe they'll have to revisit the design or scrap it altogether because of the whole diesel scandal.

·
Registered
729 Posts
In the meantime, we'll have to wait until November to hear what Hyundai has to say about the Santa Cruz. Maybe they'll have to revisit the design or scrap it altogether because of the whole diesel scandal.
What does a diesel powertrain have to do with design?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone been checking out the 2016 Tucson?? The front end looks very similar to the Santa Cruz, and how about those rear lamps!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Similar grille and general bumper shape. As for the rear lamps, they looks like a less dramatic version of the ones on the santa Cruz. Something about the fender vents looks familiar too but maybe i'm overthinking it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Anyone been checking out the 2016 Tucson?? The front end looks very similar to the Santa Cruz, and how about those rear lamps!
Seen it and it's more than likely the closest look at what we'll get out of the Santa Cruz since looking at Hyundai design it doesn't change drastically at all, unless it's a high end model like the Genesis.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Guys! Found this on dailysunknoxville.com!

Although the South Korean carmaker has been cogitating the matter of putting the concept into production form, there are rumors that the green light has been given and Hyundai is scheduling the pickup truck for production.
Is this news site accurate and will we see it go into production next year?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well the bi-annual project review meeting is sometime this month. This is when they decide to officially add a product into their development cycle. If it gets the green light during that meeting (when ever it is this month), then we have to wait for them to actually make the announcement.

I assume they won't have such a meeting after Thanksgiving, or even the week of Thanksgiving, so the meeting will probably be sometime this or next week. Then make the announcement at the LA Auto show where the initial press days are Nov 17-19.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The original members here have been following the Santa Cruz since it was unveiled in January. Everything we know is just a collection of knowledge we've gained from news reports and interviews about the Santa Cruz throughout the year.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the explanation! Around two more weeks before the LA auto show unless they go public with their decision before then.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Guess asking my friend's friend who works at a hyundai factory was pointless at this point if this is the process.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I wouldn't expect for anything to show up with regards to the Santa Cruz. At most I'm hoping for an announcement. If we do get one it would probably be another year before we start seeing any physical evidence. (Test mules, revised concepts or pre-production vehicle at a show etc.)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts