Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I wouldn't expect for anything to show up with regards to the Santa Cruz. At most I'm hoping for an announcement. If we do get one it would probably be another year before we start seeing any physical evidence. (Test mules, revised concepts or pre-production vehicle at a show etc.)
yeah it's going to be quiet for a while, i have yet to see anything new or anything else that's worthy of discussion as of lately. As far as i've seen, we have just about everything there is on the SC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Let's hope they make an announcement about it at the auto show. A yes or not to tell me if I should move on or keep pinning for the Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Let's hope they make an announcement about it at the auto show. A yes or not to tell me if I should move on or keep pinning for the Santa Cruz.
If you're open to other options then you might want to move on but the SC is a unique truck, not rugged like the Colorado or upcoming ranger. If this is what you want, it's going to be worth waiting for.

·
Registered
113 Posts
was hoping they would stick to the timeline and announce their decision in November. Now we'll have to wait until next year maybe because December doesn't seem like a month for model announcements.

·
Registered
729 Posts
We might get lucky and hear something around the time NAIAS 2016 happens. The fact we haven't heard anything as yet might be due to delays in their schedule. Hopefully we hear something by the end of Q1 2016

·
Registered
1 Posts
The image on the main page isn't a render of what the santa cruz will look like. The article talks about how they think Hyundai should also take a stab at the mid size pick up market, aka, the tacoma/colorado territory. That's why it has 4 doors and a longer bed.

Personally I think hyundai should just play it cool with the santa cruz. It'll be super unique and reach a market thats been untapped since the subaru baja. I think if they tried to jump into the mid size category too soon it'll kill both trucks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The image on the main page isn't a render of what the santa cruz will look like. The article talks about how they think Hyundai should also take a stab at the mid size pick up market, aka, the tacoma/colorado territory. That's why it has 4 doors and a longer bed.

Personally I think hyundai should just play it cool with the santa cruz. It'll be super unique and reach a market thats been untapped since the subaru baja. I think if they tried to jump into the mid size category too soon it'll kill both trucks.
Yea, betterto take it slow, especially since the company is expanding in many other ways at the same time. They don't want to stretch themselves to thin.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts