Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than 600 miles on my SC. Past week, wheel vibration developed, Suspect a wheel weight has been lost. Is this covered by Hyundai warranty?

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
128 Posts
Less than 600 miles on my SC. Past week, wheel vibration developed, Suspect a wheel weight has been lost. Is this covered by Hyundai warranty?
I would hope so being its an easy fix if that's the issue. Not sure if those wheels have a rotate and balance free policy since it's a hyundai. I did see there is a wheel and tire warranty you could by when I got a screw in my tire this past week. Unfortunaly I didn't have that warranty. You don't know until you ask though. Let us know what they say.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very tough call. I suspect that technically, a wheel out of balance is considered normal wear and tear and non-warranty, but diagnosing and troubleshooting a vibration issue in a car with 600 miles on it certainly would be, and I suspect if they find the cause to be a simple missing wheel weight it’ll probably be fixed at no charge.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
:ROFLMAO: You found the missing truck bed bolts! :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
486 Posts
I would hope so being its an easy fix if that's the issue. Not sure if those wheels have a rotate and balance free policy since it's a hyundai. I did see there is a wheel and tire warranty you could by when I got a screw in my tire this past week. Unfortunaly I didn't have that warranty. You don't know until you ask though. Let us know what they say. View attachment 2693
I personally would go to Discount Tire and pay for the road hazard warranty for your new tires. Then they will be covered for complete replacement if damage occurs that is not repairable. No dealer warranty on tires unless you specifically purchase the wheel and tire warranty which will be far more expensive than Discount Tire.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I personally would go to Discount Tire and pay for the road hazard warranty for your new tires. Then they will be covered for complete replacement if damage occurs that is not repairable. No dealer warranty on tires unless you specifically purchase the wheel and tire warranty which will be far more expensive than Discount Tire.
You can do that?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
You can do that?
Yes.

I did it with my 2012 Veloster the week after I bought it, and I did it with the Santa Cruz a few days after buying it.

Just go in, tell them you just bought a new car, and you want to buy certificates for them. They'll go out and check the mileage on the vehicle, and the condition of the tires. They'll also make a note of what the OEM tire brand/model is, to confirm that it's the same in their computer system. Both times I did it, I told them that I wanted to pay for the upgrade to a specific Continental model as the replacement tire. They simply charge the warranty price for whatever model you want as the replacement. After paying, it's just like you bought the tires from them: free rotations and hazard insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts