Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
491 Posts
I love seeing the dirtbag dealers getting smacked around by the states. I would love it even more, to see the manufactures just cut their allocations and put them out in the cold.

·
Registered
SEL AWD
237 Posts
Couple of Nissan dealers around Phoenix got hit with something similar recently. They have the same parent company as the Hyundai dealership that tried to get me to pay $7K over sticker on a SEL FWD.

Reactions: CvPec

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finelius Hyundai in Saulte St Marie, MI was the only dealer I could find within 400 miles of me that was not charging over MSRP. Drove 4.5 hours each way to get mine.

·
Registered
SEL AWD
237 Posts
We Want Details! What did you do?
Joined this forum and wrote about it in my first post :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finelius Hyundai in Saulte St Marie, MI was the only dealer I could find within 400 miles of me that was not charging over MSRP. Drove 4.5 hours each way to get mine.
That's quite a drive! Based on the distance and time traveled you were flyin'. See any Cops along the way?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joined this forum and wrote about it in my first post :ROFLMAO:
That was eons ago. I read it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is what living under communism looks like, government taking care of people because everyone’s to clueless to figure it out. Dealers should be able to charge whatever they want. And consumers can purchase a car somewhere else. That’s capitalism and the free market. The dealers charging too much will go out of business and people need to learn how to negotiate. My family’s bought several new cars over the last few years and nobody has paid sticker or above. Stop paying over sticker!!!! It’s just a truck, it’s not special. It’s not limited. It’s no a collector’s item…. Just just a car/truck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what living under communism looks like, government taking care of people because everyone’s to clueless to figure it out. Dealers should be able to charge whatever they want. And consumers can purchase a car somewhere else. That’s capitalism and the free market. The dealers charging too much will go out of business and people need to learn how to negotiate. My family’s bought several new cars over the last few years and nobody has paid sticker or above. Stop paying over sticker!!!! It’s just a truck, it’s not special. It’s not limited. It’s no a collector’s item…. Just just a car/truck.
You are absolutely correct but I'll take price the comrades get. What you call capitalism, i call gouging massively. $5- 10+ thousand over MSRP is unmitigated GREED.
I wrote a nastygram to hyundia corp and said as much. And if they support that kind of customer abuse then I'll look elsewhere. Low and behold they started telling dealers to knock it off because it was damaging their brand. Imagine that wasn't even Big Brother stepping in. It was a corporate leviathan.

·
Registered
222 Posts
we used to own car dealerships back in the day. Manufacturers can absolutely put a stop to it if they wanted to.

But at the end of the day, you don’t have to buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. That’s called capitalism.

You are absolutely correct but I'll take price the comrades get. What you call capitalism, i call gouging massively. $5- 10+ thousand over MSRP is unmitigated GREED.
I wrote a nastygram to hyundia corp and said as much. And if they support that kind of customer abuse then I'll look elsewhere. Low and behold they started telling dealers to knock it off because it was damaging their brand. Imagine that wasn't even Big Brother stepping in. It was a corporate leviathan.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There is one seller asking more, another asking less. They each get to choose.

As long as all parties are acting freely, there is no '"gouging" - it's just your choice. You don't have to buy that SC. You don't even have to buy any Santa Cruz, you are still free to get something else -- let the dealer choke on his high price.

Some people do the math and then fly cross-country to buy cheaper. That is their choice. I had to drive a couple hundred miles, that was my choice.

It is not the responsibility of the free market to provide what you want; But, even so, in the end, that is the way it ends up!

Reactions: Messana

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we used to own car dealerships back in the day. Manufacturers can absolutely put a stop to it if they wanted to.

But at the end of the day, you don’t have to buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. That’s called capitalism.
The Only reasons I bought mine was that the dealer didn't play those games and i got it 1k under sticker due to incentives. When dealer website says one price and the sales person at the show room says oh no the price is jacked up, thats called deceptive advertising. Did your dealerships do that back in the day? Post 1 price in the paper and on TV then raise the price at dealership?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is one seller asking more, another asking less. They each get to choose.

As long as all parties are acting freely, there is no '"gouging" - it's just your choice. You don't have to buy that SC. You don't even have to buy any Santa Cruz, you are still free to get something else -- let the dealer choke on his high price.

Some people do the math and then fly cross-country to buy cheaper. That is their choice. I had to drive a couple hundred miles, that was my choice.

It is not the responsibility of the free market to provide what you want; But, even so, in the end, that is the way it ends up!
I found 3 dealers within 70 miles who were selling @ their advertised price. All @ MSRP. Dickson city in Pa. was the only one with ADM of 5k but their website listed sticker. I like money too. But when I sell something on FB or CL for one price listed. I don't tell a person who drove an hour to buy it, so sorry Its really a lot more than I listed it for. take it or leave.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I understand your frustration. Car dealers have a thousand-and-one dirty tricks to get your buck$ (mine "accidentally" 'forgot' to credit my earnest money depost at the closing.) And, don't get me started on the proffered "Super-Duper Diamond Finish Sealant with Ionic Dirt, Rain and Bug Repellant with Free, Assay-Guaranteed: 79% Nitrogen, Tire Inflation Fluid!"

However, you can still (for now, anyway) take the offered deal, walk away and keep looking, or look for a different vehicle entirely. As for somehow getting recompense for your wasted trip, what can you do...? Let others know on social media and user/owner review websites and forums, like you did here.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand your frustration. Car dealers have a thousand-and-one dirty tricks to get your buck$ (mine "accidentally" 'forgot' to credit my earnest money depost at the closing.) And, don't get me started on the proffered "Super-Duper Diamond Finish Sealant with Ionic Dirt, Rain and Bug Repellant with Free, Assay-Guaranteed: 79% Nitrogen, Tire Inflation Fluid!"

However, you can still (for now, anyway) take the offered deal, walk away and keep looking, or look for a different vehicle entirely. As for somehow getting recompense for your wasted trip, what can you do...? Let others know on social media and user/owner review websites and forums, like you did here.
I get it. I don't usually get all shook up about the games the dealers play. It just amazed me how GD Greedy some of these dealers are. The sooner this current situation with chip shortages and overall inflation ends, the sooner we all get back to buying cars the old fashion way, by haggling.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts