Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
TBD
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your input. I'll try to keep this updated as more people post.

It has been brought up that some of the dealers on the list are not actually at MSRP. Please only post dealerships that you have verified are at MSRP (not just listed at MSRP on the website).

Additionally, if you find that dealers on this list ARE charging above MSRP, please reply stating which ones and I will happily remove them.

MSRP Dealers reported thus far:
#1 Cochran in Pittsburgh
Allen Turner Hyundai in Pensacola
Auburn Hyundai, Auburn AL
Bachman Hyundai in Jeffersonville IN, (Louisville, KY)
Bob Baker Hyundai in Carlsbad, CA
Fitzgerald Countryside Hyundai in Clearwater
Freeman Hyundai in Irving
Holler Hyundai Orlando Florida
Homer Skelton Hyundai in Olive Branch, MS
Knauz in Lake Bluff
Murdock Hyundai in Lindon, UT
Roger Beasley in Kyle
South Point Hyundai in Kyle
Tuttle in Irvine CA
Tustin in Irvine CA
Winner Hyundai in Dover Delaware
Hyundai of Columbia in Columbia, Tennessee
Don Moore Hyundai in Owensboro, KY
Tarbox Hyundai in North Kingstown RI
Frank Hyundai in San Diego, CA
Kearny Mesa Hyundai in San Diego, CA
Bob Stallings Hyundai in Dallas, Texas
Linwood Hyundai in Paducah, KY
D'Arcy Hyundai in Joliet, Illinois
Brown Daub in Easton, PA
Patrick Hyundai in Schaumburg, IL
Patriot Hyundai in Bartlesville, OK
Thomas Hyundai in Cumberland, MD
Leigh High Valley Hyundai, PA
AutoNation Hyundai O'Hare, Illinois
Brown-Daub Hyundai in Easton, PA
South Bay Hyundai, Torrance CA
Everett Hyundai in WA

·
Registered
509 Posts
Why not? Sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
Heritage hyundai rome ga. Gave me a price of $39,000 for a sel Fwd. Told him I am not interested.
If I might add, please let us know how much over MSRP the asking price was from the dealer. It would be great to know which dealers to avoid. That would help prices decline a bit.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Friend sent me a post on Redit with a SC at $10,000 over. A commenter called him a Stealership and the sales guy got defensive. Said something like "it's all about profit." He said they will probably mark it down to $5,000 over MSRP if anyone was interested. Blahahaha... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS
19 Posts
It's a nice thought but I don't know that any exist. Everything I read on maverick chat pointed out that the dealers going 3-4% under are massive dealerships that are capable of doing that. They are able to order exact builds and everything over there and still get them under MSRP. I thought that I read on here that it's completely random as to which dealers get which models of the SC.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I thought that I read on here that it's completely random as to which dealers get which models of the SC.
It's a mix on the SC - dealers can request a particular build and when cars are allocated, the factory will try to match it to an available unit. Sometimes they'll match right away, sometimes it could take months - if it gets filled at all. In normal times, when the factory is allocating cars ahead of their actual production (what's allocated would be built 2 months afterwards), then the dealer has the ability to spec-change colors and can try to change trim levels, but that isn't always possible. Right now with the inventory so low, they are waiting to allocate product when it is either just built or about to be built - so they can see who needs the car the most at the time - other manufacturers have changed to allocating just before it ships like this as well (Mazda & VW are two others).

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
Friend sent me a post on Redit with a SC at $10,000 over. A commenter called him a Stealership and the sales guy got defensive. Said something like "it's all about profit." He said they will probably mark it down to $5,000 over MSRP if anyone was interested. Blahahaha... :ROFLMAO:
We will see how "haughty" they are when the bottom drops out of the economy and they are begging people to purchase their vehicles (not just the SC).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just so you know ...So Far the Ford Dealers aren't raising the prices on ordered Mavericks... They probably will on Stock units.
I did have a Cruz SEL FWD ordered through Bronco Motors in Boise Idaho and they quoted $29155 So I don't think there was much of a gouge, probably was floor mats and stuff. I had to cancel due to it was going to be here 9/1 and I'm not ready..I want to put 20% down and that won't be ready until Oct-Nov

·
Registered
713 Posts
Just so you know ...So Far the Ford Dealers aren't raising the prices on ordered Mavericks... They probably will on Stock units.
That's what I understand from a friend that bought a Bronco Sport that way. He said the lot sitters were marked up $2000-$3000, but the reservation holders got no BS MSRP pricing.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
244 Posts
My local stealership got in an SEL SC this afternoon. I had a chance to go check it out in person. If anyone is interested, I have photos. I didn't want to post another thread since there is already a thread about a white SEL. I arrived and it was on a test drive. When it came back, there were 3 of us wanting to look at it. This particular SEL had a tow package (w/ 4 pin connector) and floormats which brought MSRP to $29,xxx. They then wanted to charge a $5,000 premium and a $1,300 "protection package." Over $35,000 for an SEL. I made sure to tell one of the prospective buyers to either wait or find a new dealership.

That said, do you all think it is worth having a thread dedicated to dealers that aren't marking up or adding ridiculous packages? Crazy how the Maverick has threads in their dealer section about 3-4% off invoice and we need one for dealers just at MSRP.
Great thread idea. I hope I will be able to add Hyundai of Wake Forest to the list of dealers that aren't trying to gouge their customers and selling for MSRP. I placed a deposit on a SC in good faith that the purchase price is the one on the sticker they sent me plus tax, tags and doc fees. As long as I've waited and as excited as I am about purchasing a Santa Cruz if they try to add a markup over MSRP I will with no regrets or second thoughts cancel the CC deposit and walk away as fast and far as I can.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great thread idea. I hope I will be able to add Hyundai of Wake Forest to the list of dealers that aren't trying to gouge their customers and selling for MSRP. I placed a deposit on a SC in good faith that the purchase price is the one on the sticker they sent me plus tax, tags and doc fees. As long as I've waited and as excited as I am about purchasing a Santa Cruz if they try to add a markup over MSRP I will with no regrets or second thoughts cancel the CC deposit and walk away as fast and far as I can.
Yup, I put a $500 refundable deposit down with a dealer who assured me I’d be paying sticker price. Not counting my chickens though. If they follow through on their word I’ll give them props in this thread. 😄

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yup, I put a $500 refundable deposit down with a dealer who assured me I’d be paying sticker price.... 😄
The gotcha here is which sticker? The Mulroney (MSRP, including mfr-installed options) or the local dealer's, which includes the various BS add-ons.

Reactions: FFEMT6

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found a SC Limited with the help of Chuck, I went and talked with them and got in writing the price which was MSRP. Gave them a $500 deposit.

$39,720 SC Limited
$1,185 Freight
$195 Carpeted Floor mats
$55 Cargo Net
$65 Wheel Locks
$199 Document Fee
$79.50 Title
$41,498.50 Total "out the door" (no sales tax because of trade)

The updated "Chuck" spreadsheet has it now marked "Sold" ,It is due in on 8/8/21, I hope they don't try to pull any crap, being they marked it as sold I feel pretty confident. They are a very old , well established dealer. I won't feel good until I drive it off the lot.

I contacted 2 other dealers off of Chuck's spreadsheet, $3000 and $5000 "Market Adjustment" added:poop::poop::poop:

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
244 Posts
The gotcha here is which sticker? The Mulroney (MSRP, including mfr-installed options) or the local dealer's, which includes the various BS add-ons.
In my case there ain't no "which sticker" to it. They can try to split hairs about a Mulroney sticker, the sticker they sent me via email or worst case some BS sticker they might make up when I arrive to do the transaction. I am a long time VISA customer with excellent credit and am confident VISA will support me if I need to challenge the deposit transaction. Trumpers may love a game of 3-Card Monte but I'm no GD Trumper. The dealer can play it straight, make a nice profit and get documented as a fair dealer or make a play for the suckers and get documented as greedy opportunists.

·
Registered
394 Posts
In my case there ain't no "which sticker" to it. They can try to split hairs about a Mulroney sticker, the sticker they sent me via email or worst case some BS sticker they might make up when I arrive to do the transaction. I am a long time VISA customer with excellent credit and am confident VISA will support me if I need to challenge the deposit transaction. Trumpers may love a game of 3-Card Monte but I'm no GD Trumper. The dealer can play it straight, make a nice profit and get documented as a fair dealer or make a play for the suckers and get documented as greedy opportunists.
Confirmed from the dealer the sticker they sent me is what I'll pay, SEL Premium $37K which is MSRP. No add on from the dealer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Remember how upside down your going to be if you pay over MSRP for a new vehicle.... It's bad enough it's new but then to pay over..... as I said before you'll need to buy GAP ins. for the GAP ins. lol

1 - 20 of 285 Posts