Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, that was some exchange. Thus the joking rename I posted. These dealers are causing a whole lot of crazy for everyone. They've got me looking in other states now. Keeping the faith is hard to do.

Trolls scare me as much as clowns do.
View attachment 2457
Mix the two with a Santa Cruz grill smile and you better run for cover! :ROFLMAO:
ROFL.. funny stuff.

Hey, just don't call my fellow forum goers liers.. we"ll be good to go.. that feisty "other" personalty will stay silent.

I have lots of faith, got you covered. 🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
50 Posts
that said, its early for me, but my initial impression is very, very positive for this thing. I was on the fence of Limited vs SEL Prem and would have bought whichever was avail, it just happened to be the Limited. the dark chrome is a really nice look, the leather is nice, the tech in this car is seriously impressive. the one massive miss is with the Bose stereo. I have Bose in my Porsche and it sounds incredible. the Bose in the SC sounds like a Jenson with Bose badges. Truely shocked Bose put their name on it. the good news i THINK the amp is under one of the seats but have not had a chance to really investigate yet. if so, that should make upgrading the power pretty simple to give it more ooph.
Regarding your Bose complaint, I'm wondering if you took it out of the "background noise suppressing" setting? Setting it to "Original Quality" and turning up the volume to 30 helped my system a ton.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone successfully had a dealer take an order post release?

A couple dealers have asked me if I would be interested.

Positive and negatives? Ways a dealer can screw you? Can you place an order with a guaranteed price and no possibility they will try to sell to someone else when it comes in?
not positive but dont think they are able to take actual custom orders at this point.
Cross Visalia Hyundai off your list!
View attachment 2477
😨
ouch

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hsc4me, I'm curious if you can get a quote from the same person for a Tuscon and see if it has the same crazy markup. Just a curiosity if they are doing this stuff for all their vehicles or just the SC.
If it's all vehicles I don't like but Id understand. If it's just the SC they are total jack***es.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Regarding your Bose complaint, I'm wondering if you took it out of the "background noise suppressing" setting? Setting it to "Original Quality" and turning up the volume to 30 helped my system a ton.
i tried messing with the settings but not sure if i tried this. will try today, thx for the tip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hsc4me, I'm curious if you can get a quote from the same person for a Tuscon and see if it has the same crazy markup. Just a curiosity if they are doing this stuff for all their vehicles or just the SC.
If it's all vehicles I don't like but Id understand. If it's just the SC they are total jack***es.
In my market, its 90% SC as Tucson are becoming more plentiful. most, but not all other cars on the lot have red tags with not a HUGE discount, but maybe $1k off MSRP.

one thing ive noticed is that if the dealer site says "CALL" for price, its 100% guaranteed to be marked up.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You can check their website. If a dealer lists a markup over MSRP I don't even bother with them. When my brother reserved that SC they had a $500 discount on the one SC on their lot. Even larger discounts on Tucson's. Now it appears the "dealer cartel" has reared its' ugly head.

Tucson's could be had at a discount from MSRP in SoCal a few months ago when I test drove them to see if the base Santa Cruz driveline would be satisfactory. Dealers had double figures of them on their lots then.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can check their website. If a dealer lists a markup over MSRP I don't even bother with them. When my brother reserved that SC they had a $500 discount on the one SC on their lot. Even larger discounts on Tucson's. Now it appears the "dealer cartel" has reared its' ugly head.

Tucson's could be had at a discount from MSRP in SoCal a few months ago when I test drove them to see if the base Santa Cruz driveline would be satisfactory. Dealers had double figures of them on their lots then.
yea i think lack of supply is catching up now. last i checked, the dealer closest to me had maybe 3 Tucsons on the lot and sold all 3 of their SC. Im honestly shocked its taking Hyundai this long for the second wave of SC's to start arriving to dealers even with the chip shortage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are we also listing dealers to not waste your time calling?

Personally my **** list is not above msrp dealers. My **** list is dealers who hide prices, or will not reveal prices over the phone, can only be discussed at the dealership. Which is particularly frustrating when you tell them them you are 4 hours away yet they still won't budge. Anyway....

Will add to **** list - Key Hyundai of Milford CT - can only discuss pricing at the dealership

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are we also listing dealers to not waste your time calling?

Personally my ** list is not above msrp dealers. My ** list is dealers who hide prices, or will not reveal prices over the phone, can only be discussed at the dealership. Which is particularly frustrating when you tell them them you are 4 hours away yet they still won't budge. Anyway....

Will add to **** list - Key Hyundai of Milford CT - can only discuss pricing at the dealership
this is 100% correct. they feel if they get you into the dealership, they will convince you to buy at whatever price they decide. I too dont waste any time with those dealers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
yea i think lack of supply is catching up now. last i checked, the dealer closest to me had maybe 3 Tucsons on the lot and sold all 3 of their SC. Im honestly shocked its taking Hyundai this long for the second wave of SC's to start arriving to dealers even with the chip shortage.
Chip shortage looks to continue into 2023, Toyota is cutting production... again.

The impact is everywhere... has anyone tried to buy a PS5? Apple may have to delay the new iPhone as well. :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Maxon Hyundai in Union NJ is going right to the top of the bad dealer list. I already spoke to them earlier in the week. They had refused to discuss pricing unless I come in. I brow beat out of them that there would be a premium above msrp.

They called me again. Not sure if they are still trying to follow up with people who already reached out or if one of my searches on truecar or other sites brought up my name again. In any case I answered because I have left my info for numerous dealers in case any of them get another in....

Anyway they continued the same BS about only discussing pricing in the dealership. As soon as they told me what dealer i told them thank you but no, I can't deal with you because you wouldn't tell me the price and you confirmed you are charging above msrp. Instead of saying thank you sorry she tried to keep me on, convincing me that if I want to pay msrp I should try to come in and negotiate that. That's when I got pissed off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Grayson Hyundai in Knoxville has a Blue Stone/Black Limited with no addendum label.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
I just stopped in when they were closed, so not real sure if they are only charging MSRP or not. I am not in the market though, so if someone is interested, better check pretty fast, because it's the only one, and it won't be here long. It looks great in Blue Stone imo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If anybody is still looking in CO (Denver), Arapahoe Hyundai website is showing 9 in stock which is crazy because the inventory in my area is slim at best. This dealer will quote you above sticker, but they are willing to deal as they are the dealer that e-mailed me the same day I bought my Ltd and offered to sell me a SEL Prem ad MSRP. Worth a shot if its convenient to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FYI: Ray Brandt Hyundai in New Orleans, LA is not dealing at MSRP. Salesman just got back to me after I inquired last week.

They have an SEL Premium on the lot MSRP $37,170 + market adjustment $3,000 + paint protection $899 + Nitrogen filled tires $299 + wheel locks $199 = total asking price of $41,567.

·
Registered
52 Posts
FYI: Ray Brandt Hyundai in New Orleans, LA is not dealing at MSRP. Salesman just got back to me after I inquired last week.

They have an SEL Premium on the lot MSRP $37,170 + market adjustment $3,000 + paint protection $899 + Nitrogen filled tires $299 + wheel locks $199 = total asking price of $41,567.
Nitrogen filled tires lmao unreal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pohanka Hyundai in Salisbury, MD had a $4k market adjustment on all the vehicles on the lot that I read the price plus some extras like $150 for nitro, etc. Preston Motir in Hurlock, MD claims only MRSP but I got sick when a vehicle similar to the one 'reserved' came in so never saw and probably gone now.

241 - 260 of 286 Posts