Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
261 - 280 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pohanka Hyundai in Salisbury, MD had a $4k market adjustment on all the vehicles on the lot that I read the price plus some extras like $150 for nitro, etc. Preston Motir in Hurlock, MD claims only MRSP but I got sick when a vehicle similar to the one 'reserved' came in so never saw and probably gone now.
Sheehy Hyundai in Waldorf, MD doesn't markup their vehicles at all, nor add-ons. They were great to work with. If you can find one there, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you rrb53765. Did not want to travel much to a dealer - just went to the 3 within 40 miles from home to touch base. Think we did stop in Waldorf for food on way back one time. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
52 Posts
it appears the HUSA websited JUST updated the dealer inventory. yesterday it said there were 59 local, today only 6, but it also shows updated "in transit" so it may be worth starting there if you are looking.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is anyone able to get into the Hyundai inventory search? I can't search for any model vehicle right now. It just tells me no cars in your area, even before I give a zip code.

Possible inventory update incoming?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is anyone able to get into the Hyundai inventory search? I can't search for any model vehicle right now. It just tells me no cars in your area, even before I give a zip code.

Possible inventory update incoming?
works for me. says there are 7 avail today, up from 6 yesterday.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Strange, maybe its a regional thing. I'm in the north east.

But as soon as I click on inventory from the main page it just says no vehicles available. Doesn't even give me the search options to put in zip code / distance and model / trim.
I'm getting the same from an incognito window, my other browser I never use and my work computer on their vpn network.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Strange, maybe its a regional thing. I'm in the north east.

But as soon as I click on inventory from the main page it just says no vehicles available. Doesn't even give me the search options to put in zip code / distance and model / trim.
I'm getting the same from an incognito window, my other browser I never use and my work computer on their vpn network.
yes, ive seen that out here as well. usually took an entire day to work again...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just discovered the reservation site last night thanks to you all here. Experience has been crummy so far, more on that elsewhere.

I was having issues with "invalid email or transaction ID" within the past hour, but finally got in to change my reservation. I reserved a white on gray limited at Crain Hyundai in Little Rock AR last night, and the sales rep that talked to me today was super nice, seemed much more knowledgeable than my rep at my local dealer, and everything seemed good, until he said yes, they would be adding a market adjustment to the price. So we had to part ways. Unfortunately the other exact match within 250 miles isn't showing now, but I'll keep my eyes open.

So keep Crain Hyundai off the MSRP list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got mine. Kenosha Hyundai. Paid MSRP with no dealer accessories or market increase. I was told they typically do 2k market increase currently on ALL cars. I did have an in with the sales rep though as my family has bought 2 cars in the past from him. He actually got my Santa Cruz from the Lincolnwood Hyundai by trading them a Tucson Hybrid for it the hour it showed up on their lot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Going the wrong way. this dealer WAS at + $5k, but its now +$7k. Plus, they add "security" system to every car they sell, like it or not at cost of $2k. Avoid like the plague.
Photograph Product Font Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
859 Posts
Sweet mercy --- that's almost the same as an Ultimate (Limited) in Canada!! I mean, before taxes and whatnottery, but still. That's crazy!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Please add Frank Hyundai in National City, CA (San Diego area) as one of the fair and honest dealers that do not price gouge nor do they tag on ridiculous market adjustments. How they get it from the factory is how they will sell it to you - at MSRP.
It was a painless transaction and an excellent buying experience. Told them the color and trim I wanted. When they found out they had one inbound, they took my name, did some paperwork all online, and reserved it for me so no one could even test drive it until I declined to take it. No moneys were required to hold it. The person to contact is Mario Martinez at 619-586-5078. Tell him you were referred from this forum by a previous very satisfied customer and he'll take good care of you. It was worth the 216 mile round trip to get exactly what I wanted.

The other fair and honest dealer is Palm Springs Hyundai in Palm Springs, CA. The person to contact here is Cody King at 760-799-1869. Selling straight at MSRP. I would've dealt with them, but Frank Hyundai beat them to getting my color and trim in first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Please add Frank Hyundai in National City, CA (San Diego area) as one of the fair and honest dealers that do not price gouge nor do they tag on ridiculous market adjustments. How they get it from the factory is how they will sell it to you - at MSRP.
It was a painless transaction and an excellent buying experience. Told them the color and trim I wanted. When they found out they had one inbound, they took my name, did some paperwork all online, and reserved it for me so no one could even test drive it until I declined to take it. No moneys were required to hold it. The person to contact is Mario Martinez at 619-586-5078. Tell him you were referred from this forum by a previous very satisfied customer and he'll take good care of you. It was worth the 216 mile round trip to get exactly what I wanted.

The other fair and honest dealer is Palm Springs Hyundai in Palm Springs, CA. The person to contact here is Cody King at 760-799-1869. Selling straight at MSRP. I would've dealt with them, but Frank Hyundai beat them to getting my color and trim in first.
Agreed, I purchased at Frank as well. Easiest purchase Ive ever made. However, Palm Springs Hyundai was NOT selling at MSRP when I contacted them last month. I believe they were at around
+ $3k. Maybe that has changed, although surprising as the inventory in SoCal is so slim atm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If anybody is still looking in CO (Denver), Arapahoe Hyundai website is showing 9 in stock which is crazy because the inventory in my area is slim at best. This dealer will quote you above sticker, but they are willing to deal as they are the dealer that e-mailed me the same day I bought my Ltd and offered to sell me a SEL Prem ad MSRP. Worth a shot if its convenient to you.
I got mine at Planet Hyundai in Golden, MSRP, no dealer fees and $1500 more on trade than Arapahoe. Arapahoe did offer me MSRP plus fee though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is the first post being updated with the dealerships? If it is, could the OP do the list by state or region rather than by dealership to make it easier to look thru as it gets larger? And maybe date at the top the last update? :) Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went to look at a white SEL just to see if I liked the SC in person. Dealership had an SEL Premium and black LTD coming in. I offered to buy the LTD but they wouldn't give me a price or deposit. Ended up buying the Wife a slightly used SUV for nearly its price new ten months ago with 10K miles on it, but it had a rare option package she had to have and I just couldn't fine it and that option was discontinued. Dealer finally came down $500 off what it sold for new.

The Black LTD came in and they offered it to me first, as promised, for the special price of only $6600 over MSRP! Told Imperial Hyundai of Milford MA get lost and bought the same vehicle...minus the $35 first aid kit...two hours later for $42305...$1000 over list at Keene Hyundai in NH about 60 miles away. Hey its a new model...I get it....they have o make a living. Just had to wait a three weeks for it to come in. So...$6600/120=$55/hour I made just waiting. I needed to sell my Wife's old car (I did) and get my old truck ready to sell anyways. They will even register my SC in MA and deliver it halfway to me for free and their "fees" are less than half of Imperials.

Just not a lot of Limiteds on the market here yet and the dealers know it. Imperial still has theirs though...if anyone needs one that badly. They may be willing to deal on it now. But don't hold your breath. Please note that the prices on their website will NOT be honored unless (per the fine print) you have a trade they want (newer with lowish miles) or its $1000 MORE. Does anyone else think that practice is questionable?

BTW...the dealership I had a "reservation" with never did much to contact me and hasn't gotten a Limited in. The reservation thing was a sad joke at best. I will look for it on my docs to be sure I at least got credit for it. This idea that you pay to be on a dealer contact list...can't special order anything...and it guarrantees nothing should be looked at by state Attorney Generals as a fraudulent activity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lithia Hyundai in Reno. get this! $19,995 mark up! You read that correctly. NINETEEN THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED NINTEY FIVE DOLLARS over MSRP. Needless. to say - I did not give them my business

·
Registered
70 Posts
At 20k over is it possible they want to keep it on the lot for the time being so they can continue to demo it?

261 - 280 of 285 Posts