Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer told me today, not accepting orders! Showed me Bronco Sports in my area selling for 10k over sticker. I WILL NOT PAY ANYTHING over MSRP. I won't pay this dealership game AT ALL! GREED NOT WELCOME HERE! SO Hyundai Dealerships.....take heed.... I will pull my reservation. JEEP Dealers are Houlighans....THIEFS... I'm a MOPAR person...not a Mopar person anymore because of JEEP dealers. I will keep my vehicle if this crap keeps up. I had originally had a Big Bronco reserved in July 2020. Crickets from my Dealer Ford gave me. If this is how dealerships are going to be now. I will never buy another vehicle from ANY of them. Period. Not happy here.

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,365 Posts
I've always got that from FORD....like they are a hidden secret only a few will own.. But like I said in the other post that you posted in.. I was able to order a XLT Hybrid W/Lux pkg...moonroof for $26915 with no deposit :)

· Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
701 Posts
Dealer told me today, not accepting orders! Showed me Bronco Sports in my area selling for 10k over sticker. I WILL NOT PAY ANYTHING over MSRP. I won't pay this dealership game AT ALL! GREED NOT WELCOME HERE! SO Hyundai Dealerships.....take heed.... I will pull my reservation. JEEP Dealers are Houlighans....THIEFS... I'm a MOPAR person...not a Mopar person anymore because of JEEP dealers. I will keep my vehicle if this crap keeps up. I had originally had a Big Bronco reserved in July 2020. Crickets from my Dealer Ford gave me. If this is how dealerships are going to be now. I will never buy another vehicle from ANY of them. Period. Not happy here.
They are not taking orders because they don't want to be locked in on price. That is the reason, pure and simple. All dealers operate a bit different and some are real stealerships.

· Registered
128 Posts
I've always got that from FORD....like they are a hidden secret only a few will own.. But like I said in the other post that you posted in.. I was able to order a XLT Hybrid W/Lux pkg...moonroof for $26915 with no deposit :)
Are they going to charge you for a price increase, because they have had one not so much on base price but on options.

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Are they going to charge you for a price increase, because they have had one not so much on base price but on options.
I switch that to a Lariat Hybrid, and I'm probably not going to take delivery anyway, SO I'm sure someone is getting socked with a big mark up in the next couple of month...build date 2.21 at this point unless they move it again.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Be careful of extended warranty because if you change anything it voids it, Ford is notorious for that, I don’t know about Hyundai
What do you mean by the phrase, "if you change anything"...?

Like, adding accessories? Or, if you change the wheels or tire size...? Or, if you change the halogen bulbs to LEDs...?

· Registered
128 Posts
What do you mean by the phrase, "if you change anything"...?

Like, adding accessories? Or, if you change the wheels or tire size...? Or, if you change the halogen bulbs to LEDs...?
If you change lights it won’t be covered they told me but who cares. But if you put a tune or change suspension they could void warranty if it makes other parts of it fail or if you put a tune on it, things like that

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited Sage Gray
12 Posts
Any manufacturer can do that if you modify something and it causes a failure. Would depend on what you mortified and what failed. I've heard someone say that if you modify the electrical system on a Mitsubishi in the past that they'll mark your entire electrical system's warranty void in the system. I've never seen any manufacturer actually do anything like that and just heard about it second hand.

· Registered
128 Posts
Any manufacturer can do that if you modify something and it causes a failure. Would depend on what you mortified and what failed. I've heard someone say that if you modify the electrical system on a Mitsubishi in the past that they'll mark your entire electrical system's warranty void in the system. I've never seen any manufacturer actually do anything like that and just heard about it second hand.
believe me after 50 years in the business I’ve seen dealers turn them down just for not having a factory oil filter said it wasnt comparable, even my son got a Jeep with a life time warranty and turned down his tranny because he didn’t have stock tires and wheels generally they want to service your car don’t forget they look for excuses don’t let them but if they service they have no excuse.

· Registered
128 Posts
believe me after 50 years in the business I’ve seen dealers turn them down just for not having a factory oil filter said it wasnt comparable, even my son got a Jeep with a life time warranty and turned down his tranny because he didn’t have stock tires and wheels generally they want to service your car don’t forget they look for excuses don’t let them but if they service they have no excuse.
Almost 2000 complaints with 150 resolved does that help

· Registered
1,365 Posts
I just had my oil changed at a Valvoline Quick Change and they claimed their filters/oil are OK'd from Hyundai....I would hate for that not to be true? if it's a lie then I will need to get a OEM filter and change it myself before I take it in for the free Maintenance oil change at the Hyundai Dealership because I'm sure they will write it down...Non-Hyundai filter....
This is another reason I haven't put in the mag-drain plug....I bought

· Registered
'23 Limited AWD Blue Stone
2,536 Posts
OEMs can't void your warranty coverage for the use of non-factory parts or self maintenance:
As long as you follow the owners manual in terms of maintenance schedule and specifications (IE: correct oil weight and type) you are good. Make sure to keep all receipts and take pictures to prove the work was done.

Regarding other mods: the OEM has to prove your modification actually caused the damage. IE: your alternator fails and they claim this is because of some aftermarket lights. Well that is complete nonsense and very difficult to prove, but most people wouldn't fight because the legal fees out weigh the repair costs.

· Registered
1,365 Posts
OEMs can't void your warranty coverage for the use of non-factory parts or self maintenance:
As long as you follow the owners manual in terms of maintenance schedule and specifications (IE: correct oil weight and type) you are good. Make sure to keep all receipts and take pictures to prove the work was done.

Regarding other mods: the OEM has to prove your modification actually caused the damage. IE: your alternator fails and they claim this is because of some aftermarket lights. Well that is complete nonsense and very difficult to prove, but most people wouldn't fight because the legal fees out weigh the repair costs.
I use CarFax to keep records....And the Quick change place inputs the info into your account automatically , So it shows...everything done. Mileage etc.,

Attachments

· Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,328 Posts
I use CarFax to keep records....And the Quick change place inputs the info into your account automatically , So it shows...everything done. Mileage etc.,
Not the worst idea, especially as my trade in at the dealer has a full log of its services that were entered via Carfax : service 1 and a recall, no entry for the other 216k kms. I dropped Carfax as they (Carfax Canada) only deal in imperial - no use it telling me my service is due in 3728 miles when the trip meter and speed signs are kms, i do have the receipts and work logs for all the service work done, but as they offered peanuts for my trade in, they don't need the FSH to help them sell it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.