Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m always looking out for great aftermarket products. But the two things I purchased first once I had my SC keys in hand were HeatShields sun covers for all my windows and weather tech floor liners.

I’ve purchased this combo for my prior two cars, and it does make a difference. (And not just the wallet …$$$)

The only thing I’m getting used too for heat shield is their new design. The last two window shades I purchased were form fitting and I never had an issue with them. Now they use suction cups. My SC sits in the hot sun all day at work and is exposed to the elements in my driveway and they haven’t fallen yet.

But I do love how they are all custom cut for each windows sizing.

Still waiting on the weatherTech floor mats to ship though.

What was the first thing y’all purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
First thing I "did" was remove the orange dots on the rims that align with dots on the tires. What the heck are those for? Then I removed the HTRAC emblem on the tailgate. I like that clean de-emblemed look. I'd remove the big Hyundai "H" on the grill if the grill was all the same underneath it, but it's not. May do a custom fiberglass job on that out in the future...

The first thing I "purchased" was a Curt trailer hitch. Got to have that for my hitch mount bike rack I already own and any minor towing needs that might come up; plus a strong pull point.

·
Registered
Black Limited
179 Posts
First I debadged, then wanted window tint but the place I use is waiting for a template to cut the film. Next was the LED brake lights and backup lights (what a difference)! Then Weathertech floor liners. Looking into 17" wheels and Michelin tires but having issues with fitment. And the never ending saga continues....

·
Registered
Hampton Limited
32 Posts
I bought an NFC card key to not have to carry the large key fob around (coming from a Model 3 with no key fob for past three years).

Second, I ordered a hitch from u Haul.

Third, bought cam locks to secure the storage hutches in the bed.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
I had the dealer do the ceramic coating. Why, you might ask? Since you can do it yourself for a few hundred less? If I do it myself I don't get a 6 year unlimited mileage paint warranty. Stone chips, etc, they fix it. I do a lot of highway miles, stone chips will be inevitable. If I just have to call them up and book a free repair? **** yeah I'll do it! Saves my time and back doing the coating too. A week without extra back pain is worth a few hundred all on its own.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the dealer do the ceramic coating. Why, you might ask? Since you can do it yourself for a few hundred less? If I do it myself I don't get a 6 year unlimited mileage paint warranty. Stone chips, etc, they fix it. I do a lot of highway miles, stone chips will be inevitable. If I just have to call them up and book a free repair? **** yeah I'll do it! Saves my time and back doing the coating too. A week without extra back pain is worth a few hundred all on its own.
Anything you can do yourself at home is not a real ceramic coating.
I don’t want to make assumptions about what they do in Canada, but here in the US, anything you buy at the dealership is most likely not a real ceramic coating either. It sounds like you bought and insurance policy more than a counting. My dealer tried to force one of those on me too.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
Possible ... but I like insurance policies when I fully expect to make use of it over the next several years. The nice thing is they just offered stuff ... no pressure, all on me (and SWMBO) to say yay/nay to. Nothing "mandatory" ... all up to me. And honestly, if it wasn't for the 6 years of warranty/repairs, I'd have skipped it. But until 2027, stone chips are someone else's problem. :)

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
189 Posts
I bought a set of silicone license plate frames the week before I bought the truck, to replace the dealer frames that I assumed they’d install.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’m always looking out for great aftermarket products. But the two things I purchased first once I had my SC keys in hand were HeatShields sun covers for all my windows and weather tech floor liners.

I’ve purchased this combo for my prior two cars, and it does make a difference. (And not just the wallet …$$$)

The only thing I’m getting used too for heat shield is their new design. The last two window shades I purchased were form fitting and I never had an issue with them. Now they use suction cups. My SC sits in the hot sun all day at work and is exposed to the elements in my driveway and they haven’t fallen yet.

Weathertech mats and a trailer hitch

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Just got my weather tech in today. Next paycheck, means tints and possible halogen to LED bulb conversion for turn, low/Hi beam, tail lights.

But first this week I’m off to get my tire repaired. Stupid wood screw. I’ve put air in it three times already. Dealer was booked all weekend.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts