Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Added some vinyl decals. Front windows being tinted next week.
Your vinyl sticker post reminded me that I bought some for my rear window before I even purchased my Santa Cruz. Pulled them out last night and installed them.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle

Those are really the first things I purchased for my new Adventure Rig.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I’m always looking out for great aftermarket products. But the two things I purchased first once I had my SC keys in hand were HeatShields sun covers for all my windows and weather tech floor liners.

I’ve purchased this combo for my prior two cars, and it does make a difference. (And not just the wallet …$$$)

The only thing I’m getting used too for heat shield is their new design. The last two window shades I purchased were form fitting and I never had an issue with them. Now they use suction cups. My SC sits in the hot sun all day at work and is exposed to the elements in my driveway and they haven’t fallen yet.

But I do love how they are all custom cut for each windows sizing.

Still waiting on the weatherTech floor mats to ship though.

What was the first thing y’all purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’ve been using my HeatShield sun covers for just over a week… and I love them. I splurged and grabbed all of them. But you could get one just for the front windshield. Here’s some photos for anyone interested.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
D2jcv::: What is the mount thing to the left of the radio? Looks like some sort of mount? Do you like it?
It’s actually Alexa auto.

All said I have used many magnet mounts in the past. My personal favorite is the Nite Ize Steelie platform. It falls off my the least. I haven’t installed it for the SC because I usually just use CarPlay.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bed extender arrived, and I assembled and installed it today. Very easy to do. My Home Depot Husky Storage Bin fits nicely in there as well.

Also added some handy hooks that connect to the headrests.

Then for good measure, gave it a good wash!!

Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Steering part Steering wheel Automotive design

·
Registered
Limited
213 Posts
I’ve been using my HeatShield sun covers for just over a week… and I love them. I splurged and grabbed all of them. But you could get one just for the front windshield. Here’s some photos for anyone interested.

I have used their heat shields in a few vehicles and have been very happy with them. I bought one for the Santa Cruz and was disappointed as the windshield shields are made incorrectly. It seems yours is the same way.

With the reflective side out, the shield fits poorly. You can see it in your photos as well. It doesn't fit around the rearview mirror & camera housing in the middle. If you flip the shield around and have the reflective side facing inwards, it fits as it should. I sent them an email with photos and measurements. Hopefully, they correct them so people get a better product moving forward.

Maybe you should email them as well. To reinforce there is a issue with how they are cutting or assembling them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have used their heat shields in a few vehicles and have been very happy with them. I bought one for the Santa Cruz and was disappointed as the windshield shields are made incorrectly. It seems yours is the same way.

With the reflective side out, the shield fits poorly. You can see it in your photos as well. It doesn't fit around the rearview mirror & camera housing in the middle. If you flip the shield around and have the reflective side facing inwards, it fits as it should. I sent them an email with photos and measurements. Hopefully, they correct them so people get a better product moving forward.

Maybe you should email them as well. To reinforce there is a issue with how they are cutting or assembling them.
Already have. They have great customer service I’m confident they will find a resolution.

·
Registered
Limited
213 Posts
I got a reply and they have everything figured out and situated. They are sending me a replacement.

Mistakes happen, how they are handled is what really matters. Heather's Original Heat shield has great customer service.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts