·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Were they easy to install?
Mud guards are a piece of cake to install. Just pop out the plastic push-clips, hold the mud guards up and pop in the new clips.
Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part
Automotive tire Wood Fender Automotive lighting Gas

HANDY HINT: Don't try to screw the new clips in with the Phillips screwdriver. Just put the Phillips screwdriver into the + and hit the end of the handle with your palm. They will pop right in.

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
If I had to do it again..I would go darker..but I had them match the back windows..$129
That's all I want to do is match the fronts and hope the CA small town window tint police don't hassle me. I got a ticket in Lone Pine, CA in my Mini Cooper for tinted windows. I think they target LA and OC city slickers to funds their coffers. When I got home I had my tint guy remove the driver and passenger tint, then drove over to the local Highway Patrol office to get the ticket signed off. He didn't even go outside and look if I removed it. He was actually surprised I was even given a ticket for it. Here in The OC and LA they don't enforce those laws; bigger fish to fry...

Afterwards I headed right back to my tint shop and had him retint them. :cool: Complete waste of time and money, but Lone Pine got their 💰💰💰

·
Registered
Limited
213 Posts
My installer has mine about an inch below the AS1 line. Because he went off the bottom of the front camera/sensor housing in the middle of the windshield. It seems kind of low to me. You get a shrouded feeling with it so low. With how large the windshield is and how laid back it is, the bottom of the tint is still in the sky. It doesn't block the view of anything in front of you. But I am not sure I am sold on it yet.

I may have him re-do it a little higher up.

·
Registered
Hampton Limited
37 Posts
41 - 60 of 86 Posts