61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
Limited
213 Posts
I purchased screen protectors for both the infotainment screen and digital instrument cluster screen.
I installed a screen protector on the infotainment screen. Dang fingerprints and cleaning it all the time would end up scratching the screen I'm sure.

But I was worried about one on the instrument screen. Mainly the screen protector causing glare and making it hard to read.

Do you have any issues like that?

Link to the one you purchased?

·
Registered
162 Posts

I actually preferred the one on the cluster it gave it a cleaner look. As for the glare I didn't really notice, then again i only had the protectors on a day before I had to take it back to the dealer and I haven't seen it since

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
84 Posts
Not exactly the first thing I purchased (that award probably goes to a license plate frame I bought several weeks back, but the first mod installed is my smartliner mats for the front row that were delivered today. They fit very well and with the way they hook in aren't going anywhere. I don't have a weathertech mat with me to do a side by side but they feel stiffer and more solid in my opinion.

Now I need to store the stock mats I guess. Maybe someone would buy them but the dealers or factory include them on just about every one sold so I'm not sure who would need them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m always looking out for great aftermarket products. But the two things I purchased first once I had my SC keys in hand were HeatShields sun covers for all my windows and weather tech floor liners.

I’ve purchased this combo for my prior two cars, and it does make a difference. (And not just the wallet …$$$)

The only thing I’m getting used too for heat shield is their new design. The last two window shades I purchased were form fitting and I never had an issue with them. Now they use suction cups. My SC sits in the hot sun all day at work and is exposed to the elements in my driveway and they haven’t fallen yet.

But I do love how they are all custom cut for each windows sizing.

Still waiting on the weatherTech floor mats to ship though.

What was the first thing y’all purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi, on the HeatShields, I've used the cheaper ones from a store, one size fit's all type. Are you finding these custom one's fitting that much better? Also, I've only used the front windshield, are you doing side windows, back and sunroof? Seems like front sides makes sense since they are not tinted like the back. Thanks

PS - This is a great resource and you can add to it. Santa Cruz Parts and Upgrades - Shared

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Pictures!! Installed
Better late than never...
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

They're not very big, but do cover well for the stock tires. The photo angle really doesn't show that they actually are sticking out enough for cover the entire stock tire (tires don't stick out past them like it looks in the photos).

I think it adds to the look, but they could be even larger with the outer edge starting at the top of the wheel arch plastic bump in the rear like they do in the front and going a little wider and lower for better coverage.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We’ll, just got the call from my dealer, the SC is pulling in today. I’ll be able to pick it up next week…
So, soon as I got off the phone and dealt with my insurance broker…
My first purchase - set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 and set of matt black 5 spoke rims… (first time not getting steelies for my winters)
Also down sized from 20” to 18” for the winters

Hopefully, they will arrive shortly after I pick up the SC

Second purchase will likely be a longer snow/ice scraper/brush… the one I use for my Veloster (trade in) is too short lol…

·
Registered
Santa Fe
86 Posts
We’ll, just got the call from my dealer, the SC is pulling in today. I’ll be able to pick it up next week…
My first purchase - set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 and set of matt black 5 spoke rims… (first time not getting steelies for my winters)

Second purchase will likely be a longer snow/ice scraper/brush… the one I use for my Veloster (trade in) is too short lol…
Good news for you - what colour Interior did you go with?

·
Registered
Santa Fe
86 Posts
I went with the ever popular and colourful black leather interior 😀
being #7 in the Priority list seems to be meaningless, if you have had the call for yours and you were a month and a half later ordering - I guess I'm on the bottom of the pile because i went with the Green interior - My sales rep is off today- who knows, mine may have be on the same train, and I'll get the call too - I'm genuinely pleased for you - as i know what its like to be in the anticipation line.
Happy Trails

·
Registered
316 Posts
being #7 in the Priority list seems to be meaningless, if you have had the call for yours and you were a month and a half later ordering - I guess I'm on the bottom of the pile because i went with the Green interior - My sales rep is off today- who knows, mine may have be on the same train, and I'll get the call too - I'm genuinely pleased for you - as i know what its like to be in the anticipation line.
Happy Trails
As priority number 91, I wasn’t expecting it till end of month or even early December. I actually, thought the green leather might take longer and factored into my decision.
I ordered it Sept. 11 - dealer noted 6 to 8 weeks for delivery, so looks like it’s dead on 8 weeks

·
Registered
Santa Fe
86 Posts
As priority number 91, I wasn’t expecting it till end of month or even early December. I actually, thought the green leather might take longer and factored into my decision.
I ordered it Sept. 11 - dealer noted 6 to 8 weeks for delivery, so looks like it’s dead on 8 weeks
My dealer noted that it looks like the factory does 3 weeks of US spec models, and week of Canadian spec.- lets hope my build date of 10/21 was last week and its on the train with yours.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Congrats! Santa Cruz purchase life would be so simple in the US if Hyundai would adopt the same build to order system as Canada.

·
Registered
Santa Fe
86 Posts

I Put my winter boots DM-v2's on the Santa Fe this week, these Fanta Fe summer dancing shoes are going to be the SC's Winter boots, but with with new Blizzaks Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
139 Posts
1st purchase? Insurance. ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did not buy anything, but I made some things for our SEL. First was a Christian ‘ixthus’ (fish) symbol with the original Greek letters. It is from a small sheet of magnetic sign material. Then I made a custom console tray from 18 gauge steel. I added a 21mm hex head to the jack screw so I can use it more efficiently with a ratchet wrench. 21mm is the size of the wheel lugs. I am working on a bicycle rack to mount in the trailer hitch. And, I made a wooden slip case for the owner’s manuals. I have posted photos of these things in other threads.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts