Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolute #1..Some kind of multi-function tailgate. Maybe a side opening like Honda, or a split design like RAM. But something that lets you get right up to the load bed...and easily access the brunk. Lets do it Hyundai engineers...please? (Before I buy one next Spring.)

#2...8 speed slush box with the 2.5T

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) Functioning top bed side stake pockets from the factory.
2) Option to add cab roof rack rail to the SE & SEL non-activity models.
Somewhere is a thread that shows the top rail with two pre-cut stake holes. Hyundai has a tube rail kit that fits into them. But maybe it’s only on the top trim?

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Somewhere is a thread that shows the top rail with two pre-cut stake holes. Hyundai has a tube rail kit that fits into them. But maybe it’s only on the top trim?
My understanding is that there are square/rectangular openings in the steel bed structure "under" the solid plastic top edge trim that appears not to be structural. To do anything with them, you have to cut the top plastic trim out manually in some way (no guidance given from Hyundai to date or how to use them that I am aware of).

If you have a link to the "pre-cut" stake holes please post it up. Thx.

Also if anyone has removed the cab roof rack rails on an Activity Package model, please post up pictures of how they are attached. Non-activity only have a seam lip and no pre-drilled and threaded holes visible.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
408 Posts
1) Powered passenger seat. My Tucson has one.
2) I'm saving #2 until after I take delivery this weekend and I can get my hands on it.

Reactions: cedillerud

·
Registered
34 Posts
1. The ability to fold down the rear seat to store items along the rear wall (like 2-piece kayak paddles).
2. A switch in the bed for the lighting.
3. Have the tonneau flipped so that it rolls up above the bed rather than into it. There's plenty of space to do that without obscuring rear visibility.
4. Wireless CarPlay and the ability to listen to SXM while using CarPlay.
5. A sunglasses holder.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Don’t have my SC yet, but was disappointed to find out, SC wasn’t equipped with electric front wiper de-icer. Never realized how great this was in the winter… I’ll be lifting up the wipers at night and during snow fall…

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
I’ll be lifting up the wipers at night and during snow fall…
Just remember that you have 20 seconds after turning off the vehicle to hold the wiper stalk up in the "mist" position to raise the wipers so you can lift them.

Also discovered this morning that it can be tough to drop the tailgate after it rains, then snows, and the tailgate freezes itself sealed to the tonneau! Had to give it a few fist bumps this morning to get to my scraper in the bed ... :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just remember that you have 20 seconds after turning off the vehicle to hold the wiper stalk up in the "mist" position to raise the wipers so you can lift them.

Also discovered this morning that it can be tough to drop the tailgate after it rains, then snows, and the tailgate freezes itself sealed to the tonneau! Had to give it a few fist bumps this morning to get to my scraper in the bed ... :)
Thanks - as a non-truck guy, never even considered the trunk could freeze… 🥶🥶

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My understanding is that there are square/rectangular openings in the steel bed structure "under" the solid plastic top edge trim that appears not to be structural. To do anything with them, you have to cut the top plastic trim out manually in some way (no guidance given from Hyundai to date or how to use them that I am aware of).

If you have a link to the "pre-cut" stake holes please post it up. Thx.

Also if anyone has removed the cab roof rack rails on an Activity Package model, please post up pictures of how they are attached. Non-activity only have a seam lip and no pre-drilled and threaded holes visible.
New Accessory - Bed Rails!

1 - 20 of 147 Posts