Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the forum and soon to be new to the vehicle. My order for a top trim model is in and I'm stuck waiting for the production line queue to slowly tick forward.

My order will be coming with a few bells and whistles: mud flaps, tow hitch, bike rack hitch mount.

I'm looking into other options on the Hyundai accessories page. Bed extender, cargo net, envelope net, cross rails will likely be ordered at some point. As well as a center console tray and microfiber cloth.

Also considering things like the bed liner and bed divider. Has anyone had experience with these two? Are they worth the purchase? Bed is so short, is a divider really necessary? With a tonneau cover protecting the bed from the weather and the bed natural material, is the bed liner really necessary?

Other accessories you find are a huge help that I haven't mentioned?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not done with mine, here are the items I have so far installed and think are keepers;

bed extender
envelope net
20mm wheel spacers
clear bra on front half
center console tray
microfiber towel (in orange) :cool:
ratchet tie downs
trailer hitch with wiring
tailgate letters
router anti-slip mat for the "brunk" didn't like hearing the hitch slide around in there.
wireless 5g carplay adapter

I'm happy with everything added and have used everything so far. I am interested in many of the forum members rear racks. I think having one to install when needed that allow long items, for me 10-12 foot 2x6s and such on occasion may be helpful. However I have the hitch and a 12 foot trailer so I'm undecided there. I'm also leaning towards the window vent visors, being able to crack the windows for heat reasons in the deep south without the afternoon rains soaking the interior is likely the last "bolt on" I will install.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm not done with mine, here are the items I have so far installed and think are keepers;

bed extender
envelope net
20mm wheel spacers
clear bra on front half
center console tray
microfiber towel (in orange) :cool:
ratchet tie downs
trailer hitch with wiring
tailgate letters
router anti-slip mat for the "brunk" didn't like hearing the hitch slide around in there.
wireless 5g carplay adapter

I'm happy with everything added and have used everything so far. I am interested in many of the forum members rear racks. I think having one to install when needed that allow long items, for me 10-12 foot 2x6s and such on occasion may be helpful. However I have the hitch and a 12 foot trailer so I'm undecided there. I'm also leaning towards the window vent visors, being able to crack the windows for heat reasons in the deep south without the afternoon rains soaking the interior is likely the last "bolt on" I will install.
Don't forget the snacks
Food Ingredient Cuisine Food storage Natural foods

!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an aluminum expandable boat hook that I keep in my truck so that I can grab an item from the front of the bed and pull it to the rear of the bed.

Granted it's not a big deal on a 4ft bed, but I also use it on an 8ft bed.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Does anyone have the bedliner, sliding box divider or cargo net? Are they worth it? In the case of the cargo net specifically, is it good or better to go with a different brand?
I have the OEM bed mat - it really helps in cleaning out the bed, slide out and shake… useful after transporting our Christmas 🎄- didn’t Have to deal with sweeping out all the tiny pine needles.
Cargo net is from my Toyota RAV4
Bed extender, OEM not available in Canada, but I had the bed extender and bed mat shipped to Canada. Don’t fine it all that useful for my needs so far, but imagine it will come in handy, when I pick up some mulch later in the spring.
Also have the organizer I got from Amazon - this one fits tightly under the tonneau canister, a perfect fit and it doesn’t slide around. link below…

·
Registered
Santa Cruz 22' SEL AWD w/ Activity Package (Hampton Gray)
90 Posts
Does anyone have the bedliner, sliding box divider or cargo net? Are they worth it? In the case of the cargo net specifically, is it good or better to go with a different brand?
Mine came with the envelope cargo net.. which works good for holding stuff down.. but haven’t used it since i put in a bed liner. Its grippy so stuff doesn’t slide around.. also i put groceries and stuff into Insta Crates. They fit perfectly in the bed

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Don't forget the snacks View attachment 9773
!
Oh baby, the Sausalito's are the BOMB! 🤤

OP:
1) If you eat in your car the steering wheel tray is wonderful. I keep mine within reach in the passenger seat rear pocket.
2) Collapsible storage box sits in my driver's seat rear pocket for grocery shopping.
3) I bought the two-piece Access Truck Bed Mat and like it. It's like a marine carpet on top and rubber under at about 3/4" thick. If I ever sleep back there with the tailgate down it will work perfectly combined with a sleeping pad to remove the ridges.
4) Load shift prevention bar is nice to have. I bought one at Harbor Tool & Freight, then cut it down so it fits inside the bed trunk.
5) Center console pad to rest your arm on is nicer than the material on it that makes your arm sweat.
6) Motor Trend neoprene seat covers fit perfectly and they are uber cheap on Amazon for a full set front and back like $45!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
I think I'm the poster child for a Hood Protector.... Hopefully, someone build one for less than $200 the factory wants..
This was after a round trip to Salt Lake City...350miles each way
Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
Oh my friend, certain items you can't cheap out on, I got my OEM deflector for 220 free ship. Looks like you went drag racing on the salt flats!!
That was 80mph for 350 miles :)
Just to rehash my yesterday SLC, UT trip mpg.... 73-76mph 350miles 95-97% freeway 30.5mpg, coming back sameday 80mph with A/C on partway 28.8mpg

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
Cell phone holder.
Holds it just above the center screen but does not obstruct the windshield at all. It clips onto the trim and is custom made for the SC. It is very sturdy and very stable.

So not a universal solution - designed just for the SC. So not a cheap "universal works for every car!" price.
View attachment 9914 View attachment 9915 View attachment 9916

I've got the first one...stuck in about the same spot...Works great!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cell phone holder.
Holds it just above the center screen but does not obstruct the windshield at all. It clips onto the trim and is custom made for the SC. It is very sturdy and very stable.

So not a universal solution - designed just for the SC. So not a cheap "universal works for every car!" price.
View attachment 9914 View attachment 9915 View attachment 9916

Did you get the one with phone holder? Magnetic, or not if so? Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think I'm the poster child for a Hood Protector.... Hopefully, someone build one for less than $200 the factory wants..
This was after a round trip to Salt Lake City...350miles each way
View attachment 9802 View attachment 9803
You need some Hyundai Touch paint for the hood. A Sharpie silver metallic marker ( it is just about the right color of the Hyundai silver. Do it lightly. ) for the silver chrome. And a black Wink of Steela brush II, for the black chrome. The best too you with that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do recommend the bed mat. A good form of protection for the bed liner. With the mat down, I have no use or need of the cargo net. Groceries and stuff stay right where they are, (near the tailgate) even on long trips. They really do need an audible back up alert though, especially for towing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts