Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I do recommend the bed mat. A good form of protection for the bed liner. With the mat down, I have no use or need of the cargo net. Groceries and stuff stay right where they are, (near the tailgate) even on long trips. They really do need an audible back up alert though, especially for towing.
I imagine everything has a use based on situation.
Bagged groceries would still need something I'd think or loose items would spill out of the bag. Envelope net, trunk organizer, bed splitter, etc.
Cargo net perhaps better suited to hold larger loads that are too high for the tonneau to close?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just tie my plastic bagged groceries off at the top. And I tell you that mat's rubberized material keeps things from sliding around. I received the mat, cargo net, interior mats and body molded mud guards. Everyone of them I really like. Yet with the bed mat down I have no use for the cargo net. High speeds while maneuvering in and out of traffic, taking corners fast, jack rabbit starts and sudden stops is the only time I would use the cargo net. Premeditated, of course. LoL.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
You need some Hyundai Touch paint for the hood. A Sharpie silver metallic marker ( it is just about the right color of the Hyundai silver. Do it lightly. ) for the silver chrome. And a black Wink of Steela brush II, for the black chrome. The best too you with that.
Naw...it's all bugs....no loss of paint or chrome, But the way they were hitting the leading edge..it's just a matter of time before I do get chips, the good thing is this a 98% of time city Sport Truck :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well hopefully soon other manufactures will be rolling out their hood bug guards. And before that 2% occasion arises. I just do not care for the little screw's and view of them all the way across the Hyundai oem one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the OEM bed mat - it really helps in cleaning out the bed, slide out and shake… useful after transporting our Christmas 🎄- didn’t Have to deal with sweeping out all the tiny pine needles.
Cargo net is from my Toyota RAV4
Bed extender, OEM not available in Canada, but I had the bed extender and bed mat shipped to Canada. Don’t fine it all that useful for my needs so far, but imagine it will come in handy, when I pick up some mulch later in the spring.
Also have the organizer I got from Amazon - this one fits tightly under the tonneau canister, a perfect fit and it doesn’t slide around. link below…

My Blue Stone Limited came with the OEM bed mat, mud flaps and envelope style cargo net. I really like the bed mat, the mud flaps are to small to do very much, the cargo net is of limited value. I have added the center console divider and rear lettering and two smaller organizers. All of which I got from Amazon. Love the organizers. I stretch them out across the bed and they are great for carrying groceries.
I have now had my SC for three weeks and I am really happy with it. I live in Vancouver Washington and all of the dealers near me were adding from two to ten thousand dollars over MSRP for a Limited. I had to go to Kirkland Washington which is 180 miles north of me to get one at list. Really glad I did as Hyundai of Kirkland was fantastic to do business with. Driving three and half hours to save 10 grand was the best payday I have ever had!

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Forgot one of the most important accessories of all, a console tray! That's a definite must have in my book.

·
Registered
2022 Limited
130 Posts
I’ve done the following mods and purchases, and wouldn’t want to remove them. I could probably live without any of them, but I certainly wouldn’t want to.
  • OEM tow hitch and Kia 7-pin harness
  • 7 to flat 4-pin adapter and Curt Echo brake controller that live in the brunk
  • e-trailer kit with 2.75 rise/4” drop mount, and 1.875” and 2” hitch balls
  • OEM all weather floor mats
  • Carlinkit 3.0 wireless CarPlay adapter
  • OEM roof crossbars with added Thule single key locking cylinders
  • Thule AirScreen XT
  • Küat Grip 6 ski rack
  • OEM hood deflector
  • OEM mud flaps
  • Center console tray insert
  • OEM paint pen which I’ve not had to use just yet
  • A set of ratchet straps that live in the bed side compartments
  • OEM bed net and OEM envelope net which both live the bed side compartments

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Blue Stone Limited came with the OEM bed mat, mud flaps and envelope style cargo net. I really like the bed mat, the mud flaps are to small to do very much, the cargo net is of limited value. I have added the center console divider and rear lettering and two smaller organizers. All of which I got from Amazon. Love the organizers. I stretch them out across the bed and they are great for carrying groceries.
I have now had my SC for three weeks and I am really happy with it. I live in Vancouver Washington and all of the dealers near me were adding from two to ten thousand dollars over MSRP for a Limited. I had to go to Kirkland Washington which is 180 miles north of me to get one at list. Really glad I did as Hyundai of Kirkland was fantastic to do business with. Driving three and half hours to save 10 grand was the best payday I have ever had!
Most people just have a hard time visualizing savings. In your case; take 100, $100 dollar bills, and lay them across your bed. Then you will understand what I mean.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve done the following mods and purchases, and wouldn’t want to remove them. I could probably live without any of them, but I certainly wouldn’t want to.
  • OEM tow hitch and Kia 7-pin harness
  • 7 to flat 4-pin adapter and Curt Echo brake controller that live in the brunk
  • e-trailer kit with 2.75 rise/4” drop mount, and 1.875” and 2” hitch balls
  • OEM all weather floor mats
  • Carlinkit 3.0 wireless CarPlay adapter
  • OEM roof crossbars with added Thule single key locking cylinders
  • Thule AirScreen XT
  • Küat Grip 6 ski rack
  • OEM hood deflector
  • OEM mud flaps
  • Center console tray insert
  • OEM paint pen which I’ve not had to use just yet
  • A set of ratchet straps that live in the bed side compartments
  • OEM bed net and OEM envelope net which both live the bed side compartments
Nice List!

·
Registered
2022 Limited
130 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The packaging in the link looks different now but this is what I pulled from my order history. There was another thread on it that clued me into the possibility that had a link as well.
Thnaks. Do the Hyundai brand crossbars allow for the Thule locks without the need to do a modification, or did you have to make some alterations to the OEM bars for those locks to work?
I'm looking at pictures of the OEM bars, wondering where the Thule locks insert

·
Registered
30 Posts
have to add bull rings to my original list, installed them today, love them, super clean flush install, bough a 3x4 unstretched size and wow, super useful. Every time I’ve used the truck to haul so far has been large boxed items and having to ratchet strap them as my only existing option was a lot more effort than needed and overkill. Now I can cargo net from the floor or the gunwales. Awesome upgrade.

·
Registered
2022 Limited
130 Posts
Thnaks. Do the Hyundai brand crossbars allow for the Thule locks without the need to do a modification, or did you have to make some alterations to the OEM bars for those locks to work?
I'm looking at pictures of the OEM bars, wondering where the Thule locks insert
The OEM bars are just a rebranded Thule WingBar Evo. The black plastic screw that you turn with a quarter or a large flat head screwdriver on the OEM bars comes out and the Thule cylinders drop right in. There’s a keeper tab that has to be depressed but otherwise it’s dead simple.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts