Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

Registered
dang, we're pretty closed to the revealed prices. I wonder if Hyundai product/marketing folks are reading this thread and came up with those numbers馃ぃ
They probably are, and even still I think they outpriced or pushed the comfort zone of most a bit far. Personally I don't see the point of the base drivetrain with the terrible MPG to power ratio. I think they could have simplified manufacturing, by only offer the 2.5T DCT, offered the SEL (with the 2.5T) for ~27-28k, then make the SEL premium, 34k, and the Limited could still be 38-39k. Fewer trims, fewer manufacturing tool changes, higher chance the cars on the lot are they trim people want. Keeping their pricing closer together also increases chance of upsell. I love the SC, but if I can't get the 2.5T, I think the Maverick is the move. Both drivetrains of the Maverick are cheaper than the SC 2.5T, unless you get a Lariat Premium. Sure the Mav front in is hard on the eyes, but pricing is much more palpable.

They are still a bit north of what I hoped for on the Limited AWD. I think the jump from SEL to SEL premium should have been narrowed by about 1-1.5k. Makes me worry the Limited wont hold its value when the Base model is so much cheaper. Has me feeling nervous about dropping ~40k on a car.

Registered
$39,720 - Limited AWD (Turbo DCT)
400 - Sage Grey (really Hyundai? Not cool man!)
215 - Fitted Liners (instead of Floor Mats?)
450 - Tow hitch
615 - Mud Guards with Fender Flares
1,185 - Destination Fee
=======
$42,585 - plus tax (7% for my county in FL), tag and title

This is dangerously close to what my used C7 Z51 was 3 years ago before the current pricing insanity hit :eek:

My original budget was $33k for a used Ranger then revised to $38k for a brand new SC. If my wife loves the SC we might get trade in her 2014 Infiniti Q60 in addition to my Dakota. So trading in two vehicles instead of just one will more then offset the spending increase, plus cuts back on the tax. Still bummed about the lack of memory seats as this is ONLY thing we will lose from the Infiniti.

Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
$39,720 - Limited AWD (Turbo DCT)
400 - Sage Grey (really Hyundai? Not cool man!)
215 - Fitted Liners (instead of Floor Mats?)
450 - Tow hitch
615 - Mud Guards with Fender Flares
1,185 - Destination Fee
=======
$42,585 - plus tax (7% for my county in FL), tag and title

This is dangerously close to what my used C7 Z51 was 3 years ago before the current pricing insanity hit :eek:

My original budget was $33k for a used Ranger then revised to $38k for a brand new SC. If my wife loves the SC we might get trade in her 2014 Infiniti Q60 in addition to my Dakota. So trading in two vehicles instead of just one will more then offset the spending increase, plus cuts back on the tax. Still bummed about the lack of memory seats as this is ONLY thing we will lose from the Infiniti.
That's a ton of money for a small pickup.

Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
Interesting that Sage Grey in the US is listed at $400, but the Canadian site only lists it as a $200 extra charge colour.

Registered
Switched reservation to Black SEL Activity AWD: 34,174. They said it was at the port (I don't understand this), so 2-3 weeks until arrival 馃し鈥嶁檪锔.
It's at the factory in Alabama - just going back to before the Alabama factory was built, the cars would arrive at port from Korea and then their order status would show as Port Allocated. When the Alabama factory was added they continued using the same term for cars that are there built and waiting to ship to the dealers.

Registered
That makes sense. Does the status update from there or does it just show up at the dealer?
Port Allocated is that the car is built and has been assigned to the dealer (or arrived at an actual port and assigned). It then moves to Tendered once the car is processed and ready to be released to the carrier. After that it goes to either In Transit - Truck or In Transit - Rail depending where it's going. If it was IT - Rail, once it gets to the local area it will then go to In Transit - Truck to finish it's journey to the dealer. The dealer will be able to track all this. Unfortunately on new models quite often Hyundai doesn't put an ETA in the system, so it's just a matter of watching and waiting.

Registered
That helps a lot. Thanks Chuck! You're a legend! Also had no idea that cars were being transported by rail. I don't know why, but that never even occurred to me.

Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I think the moderators should limit this thread to only posting prices actually paid without all the peripheral discussiion. That would make it cleaner and easier to decipher. Any other posts would be deleted.
that, or I can periodically fetch and compile and edit them to the first post

Registered
2006 Frontier
reserved a Limited ( White with Grey interior)
Cargo Net Bed 80
Bed mat 150
Carpeted Floormats 195
Tailgate Cover 195
Underbody Armor 250
Tow Hitch 450
Mud Grds & FenderFlr 615
SideSteps 695
Destination 1185
Total 43535

Note 1- may delete Mud guards& Fender Flares & Side Steps( gotta see what they look like) and go with just Mud guards (120)...adjusted price 42345

Note 2 - similar vehicle (SEL Premium ( knobs, cloth seats, 18in wheels = I like) 39495 ...difference 4040, but missing leather ventilated seats, sound system and other safety/convivence stuff

Note 3 - Towing hitch could possibly be bought for less at etrailor.com...but gotta install a harness too...with parts ( hitch and harness) and labor is wiser to let the factory do it

Note 4 - don't know if any of you have looked at https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/ doesn't list anything for the SC ( yet) but shows parts and accessories for the 2022 Tucson with some discounted prices for accessories (Hmmm... don't order any accessories with dealer?, order them on line, but you always gotta add freight and are you willing to wait???)

Note 5 - out here in the land of melting asphalt, dealer always adds tinted windows (+$500)...told wifey looking at 44000...wow.. that's a lot of money ( back in 2006 my little Nissan cost 17000) her loaded (2019) Avalon cost 53000

Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Note 5 - out here in the land of melting asphalt, dealer always adds tinted windows (+$500)...told wifey looking at 44000...wow.. that's a lot of money ( back in 2006 my little Nissan cost 17000) her loaded (2019) Avalon cost 53000
I instruct the dealership to NOT touch my SC, maybe do the PDI whatever in the parking lot quickly and be done with it.
Learning from my past experience is that dealer always install some ****ty tint, a few months you'll see bubbles and I had to pay another tint shop labor to rip it apart and tint again using good stuff. Here in TX, the best stuff is the ceramic tint, costly but works great with no radio frequency interference.

also, that Avalon's price doesn't seem right. Even today's market you should be able to discount them heavily.

Registered
reserved a Limited ( White with Grey interior)
Cargo Net Bed 80
Bed mat 150
Carpeted Floormats 195
Tailgate Cover 195
Underbody Armor 250
Tow Hitch 450
Mud Grds & FenderFlr 615
SideSteps 695
Destination 1185
Total 43535

Note 1- may delete Mud guards& Fender Flares & Side Steps( gotta see what they look like) and go with just Mud guards (120)...adjusted price 42345

Note 2 - similar vehicle (SEL Premium ( knobs, cloth seats, 18in wheels = I like) 39495 ...difference 4040, but missing leather ventilated seats, sound system and other safety/convivence stuff

Note 3 - Towing hitch could possibly be bought for less at etrailor.com...but gotta install a harness too...with parts ( hitch and harness) and labor is wiser to let the factory do it

Note 4 - don't know if any of you have looked at https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/ doesn't list anything for the SC ( yet) but shows parts and accessories for the 2022 Tucson with some discounted prices for accessories (Hmmm... don't order any accessories with dealer?, order them on line, but you always gotta add freight and are you willing to wait???)

Did you place the above order with your dealer and he is aware of all the extras or through the concierge? My dealer did not have a list of accessories as of two days ago.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts