Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Note 3 - Towing hitch could possibly be bought for less at etrailor.com...but gotta install a harness too...with parts ( hitch and harness) and labor is wiser to let the factory do it
Because of the finger-pointing which would occur if anything is amiss, it is definitely a factory job to do the install, if possible. Not so sure about the dealer -- you better inspect the finished job carefully from underneath.

·
Registered
65 Posts
reserved a Limited ( White with Grey interior)
Cargo Net Bed 80
Bed mat 150
Carpeted Floormats 195
Tailgate Cover 195
Underbody Armor 250
Tow Hitch 450
Mud Grds & FenderFlr 615
SideSteps 695
Destination 1185
Total 43535

Note 1- may delete Mud guards& Fender Flares & Side Steps( gotta see what they look like) and go with just Mud guards (120)...adjusted price 42345

Note 2 - similar vehicle (SEL Premium ( knobs, cloth seats, 18in wheels = I like) 39495 ...difference 4040, but missing leather ventilated seats, sound system and other safety/convivence stuff

Note 3 - Towing hitch could possibly be bought for less at etrailor.com...but gotta install a harness too...with parts ( hitch and harness) and labor is wiser to let the factory do it

Note 4 - don't know if any of you have looked at https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/ doesn't list anything for the SC ( yet) but shows parts and accessories for the 2022 Tucson with some discounted prices for accessories (Hmmm... don't order any accessories with dealer?, order them on line, but you always gotta add freight and are you willing to wait???)

Note 5 - out here in the land of melting asphalt, dealer always adds tinted windows (+$500)...told wifey looking at 44000...wow.. that's a lot of money ( back in 2006 my little Nissan cost 17000) her loaded (2019) Avalon cost 53000
E-bay auction number 233323722457 Trailer Hitch for Santa Fe with all hardware and wiring harness, free shipping $217.93. Not sure which vehicle one should spec the hitch for , Tucson or Santa Fe. I'd message the seller for assistance to get correct hitch.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
reserved a Limited ( White with Grey interior)
Cargo Net Bed 80
Bed mat 150
Carpeted Floormats 195
Tailgate Cover 195
Underbody Armor 250
Tow Hitch 450
Mud Grds & FenderFlr 615
SideSteps 695
Destination 1185
Total 43535

Note 1- may delete Mud guards& Fender Flares & Side Steps( gotta see what they look like) and go with just Mud guards (120)...adjusted price 42345

Note 2 - similar vehicle (SEL Premium ( knobs, cloth seats, 18in wheels = I like) 39495 ...difference 4040, but missing leather ventilated seats, sound system and other safety/convivence stuff

Note 4 - don't know if any of you have looked at https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/ doesn't list anything for the SC ( yet) but shows parts and accessories for the 2022 Tucson with some discounted prices for accessories (Hmmm... don't order any accessories with dealer?, order them on line, but you always gotta add freight and are you willing to wait???)

Note 5 - out here in the land of melting asphalt, dealer always adds tinted windows (+$500)...told wifey looking at 44000...wow.. that's a lot of money ( back in 2006 my little Nissan cost 17000) her loaded (2019) Avalon cost 53000
Wow, I could buy a nice Lexus for that much money or the top of the line Ridgeline.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow, I could buy a nice Lexus for that much money or the top of the line Ridgeline.
When I specced out a Ridgeline with roof racks and other bells and whistles it came out to over 47k and I don't think that included Destination. It is getting close to the top of the line ridgeline in cost though.

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
32 Posts
No I have not placed the configuration "On Order"...doubt if my local dealer would know how to do it ( lacking accessory info and pricing) - I used Chuck's list and prices to make up my config's and totals post # 11 Pricing is live

Avalon is a Limited Hybrid with tech pkg that 53000 was OTD ( Sales tax is high here in NV ( 8.25%) plus I bought all the extra extended warrantees due to the tech in the car and my age ( I will surely die first) ...there is no state income tax in NV)...the Avalon will be her "last" car or at least the last car while she was married to me!😁

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
32 Posts
I wanted a Ridgeline for a long time ( I'm a former Honda line tech- a long time ago - worked my way through college twisting wrenches worked on both bikes and early Civics ( even the little "Z" cars) ....I'm a motorcycle nut - rode/raced desert, have street bikes and vintage race bikes for track days...have a good motorcycle riding buddy with the same interests who owned a Ridgeline....biggest problem was the high tailgate/truck bed dimension ( from ground up to the opened tailgate)...had to use a loooong ramp to load the bikes ...or try and ride the bikes up into the truck under power...gotta know when to hit the brakes and hope you'll stop before you go thru the back window...best motorcycle carrying truck IMO was my '66 El Camino ( straight 6 , 3 in the tree)....low open tailgate dimension - owned it for years - sold it for a van back in the mid - late 70s - the van was best - low loading height and I could camp out in it...piss poor gas mileage tho.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
When I specced out a Ridgeline with roof racks and other bells and whistles it came out to over 47k and I don't think that included Destination. It is getting close to the top of the line ridgeline in cost though.
I looked into Ridgeline too, fully loaded, still no ventilated seats. Almost $50k, hard pass

Top trim SC definitely dipped into entry-level luxury vehicle territory, but when taking a closer look at what SC offers, those low $40k luxury cars don't have even half the features and amenities found on SC limited.

Plus on paper, I believe SC Turbo AWD will beat Ridgeline, Tacoma, Ranger, Maverick, in a straight line drag race, most likely on winding roads too

·
Registered
31 Posts
I looked into Ridgeline too, fully loaded, still no ventilated seats. Almost $50k, hard pass

Top trim SC definitely dipped into entry-level luxury vehicle territory, but when taking a closer look at what SC offers, those low $40k luxury cars don't have even half the features and amenities found on SC limited.

Plus on paper, I believe SC Turbo AWD will beat Ridgeline, Tacoma, Ranger, Maverick, in a straight line drag race, most likely on winding roads too
Exactly. The Limited is going to feel like a luxury vehicle, not a truck. That's what I am looking for (a luxury car that can do some truck things...it's perfect!).
Limited AWD in Blue Stone: $39720
Launch Package: $970
Destination: $1185
Total: $41875

·
Registered
250 Posts
Exactly. The Limited is going to feel like a luxury vehicle, not a truck. That's what I am looking for (a luxury car that can do some truck things...it's perfect!).
What is a "Launch Package" anyway?

(Google let me down on this one. But I did learn that Amazon is going to begin delivering packages right into the trunk of your car!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is a "Launch Package" anyway?

(Google let me down on this one. But I did learn that Amazon is going to begin delivering packages right into the trunk of your car!)
The launch package has: First Aid Kit ($30), Bed Fence ($395), Bed Mat ($150), Bed Net ($80), Carpeted Floor Mats ($195), and Mud Guards ($120).

·
Registered
234 Posts
You beat me to it... not sure why they call it a launch package when there is nothing special for the launch included. I think it's just so they can add more accessories - I believe the system will only let you add 6 - but if 1 if a bundle of 6 small items, then you can add 5 more for 11 total.... just keep the price creeping up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You beat me to it... not sure why they call it a launch package when there is nothing special for the launch included. I think it's just so they can add more accessories - I believe the system will only let you add 6 - but if 1 if a bundle of 6 small items, then you can add 5 more for 11 total.... just keep the price creeping up.
I don't see the point of buying the launch package. Bad mat is cheaper to just buy one aftermarket or cut down your own (plus the bed is composite), bed net just get aftermarket, and wtf is a bed fence?

The floor mats are cheaper elsewhere. Just get the mud guards and get the rest aftermarket. Save several hundred.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't see the point of buying the launch package. Bad mat is cheaper to just buy one aftermarket or cut down your own (plus the bed is composite), bed net just get aftermarket, and wtf is a bed fence?

The floor mats are cheaper elsewhere. Just get the mud guards and get the rest aftermarket. Save several hundred.
If they were at least giving a package discount - maybe.. but it's the same price as each of them individually. I'm assuming since I haven't seen pictures that the bed fence is a divider, but that's just a guess.

I am guessing it's like the flip out gate that the Subaru Baja had?
It could be that - it wasn't listed in their accessory pricing, but I did see a bed extender listed as a dealer installed accessory.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

Hyundai's bed mat for Santa Cruz is, if I read the diagram correctly, two-piece to accommodate the in bed storage lid

I was kinda worry about how a single piece bed mat would behave if I open the lid, but they apparently thought about it.
The problem I have with this OEM bed mat is that it looks like it'll cover or impede the functionality of the D-rings which I definitely will use
My past experience with bed mat, I never had the bed mat stolen or blown away by wind, it's a really heavy slab of rubber

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hyundai's bed mat for Santa Cruz is, if I read the diagram correctly, two-piece to accommodate the in bed storage lid
View attachment 973

I was kinda worry about how a single piece bed mat would behave if I open the lid, but they apparently thought about it.
The problem I have with this OEM bed mat is that it looks like it'll cover or impede the functionality of the D-rings which I definitely will use
My past experience with bed mat, I never had the bed mat stolen or blown away by wind, it's a really heavy slab of rubber
I figure using the right type of rubber matt and weak adhesive and providing a little bit of a relief bump at the hinge, you could attach one giant slab of rubber that you could just buy and cut down, for a total of $50 or maybe $100, and you could cut out for the D rings. This will avoid the two parts to the bed mat, so it would be more effective at preventing scuffs, as well as save money and avoid impeding the D rings.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I figure using the right type of rubber matt and weak adhesive and providing a little bit of a relief bump at the hinge, you could attach one giant slab of rubber that you could just buy and cut down, for a total of $50 or maybe $100, and you could cut out for the D rings. This will avoid the two parts to the bed mat, so it would be more effective at preventing scuffs, as well as save money and avoid impeding the D rings.
Actually it looks like it is one piece, just has a "hinge" section in the middle where the ridges stop and it's meant to fold. Yes, it will interfere with using the D rings as it has tethers built in which hook to the D rings to secure it in place - which also means you'll have to unhook it from the D rings on the tailgate end in order to access the under bed storage. With a composite bed, I really don't see the need for the mat, other than it may be less slippery than the bed itself to help keep unsecured things from sliding as much.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The launch package has: First Aid Kit ($30), Bed Fence ($395), Bed Mat ($150), Bed Net ($80), Carpeted Floor Mats ($195), and Mud Guards ($120).
Whew! That's a relief! I was afraid it had something to do with a special "send off" when you pick up your SC, using that fancy new electric catapult from the Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier.
($30 for band-aids...?)

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
"This is not the Launch Package you are looking for. Move along..."

Isn't a Launch Package typically a give away product logo carry/storage bag with things like: cheap Santa Cruz emergency hooded rain jacket, soda/beer cozy, logo key fob and maybe some stickers for your rear window with something like "GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!" Hyundai Santa Cruz?

It's usually something that gives early adopters the warm fuzzies and assists with marketing the product. It's given in appreciation to those early buyers for putting their faith in the product and helps the manufacturer market their product; but in reality is a big bang advertising payoff to the manufacturer for a small cost.

I'm not going to be forced to pay for that stuff. They can give it to me for being an early adopter if they want to, but not a dime out of my pocket will go towards that list.

The lack of clear communication regarding Insider Deposit Transaction ID holders (their language, not mine) is frustrating me. The lack of dealership knowledge regarding this reservation to purchase program is mind boggling!

Who the heck is in charge of this program and when is Hyundai going to tell me what is going on with my "Deposit?"

If this is any indication of how Hyundai works (I'm new to Hyundai), then I can see the reason for a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, but wonder how easy that warranty will be implemented if it is ever needed.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
While it might feel like a luxury vehicle with the total touchscreen for everything, that may prove to be more of a hindrance when trying to use the climate controls.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts