Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
There is a strong indication that MSRP is at the horizon and the first batch of Santa Cruces is hitting the dealerships within the next few weeks.
Let's start a price thread in this crazy year where used cars are worth more than new and new cars are hard to come by.

If you purchased a 2022 Santa Cruz, please chime in and share as the following example format (your input in bold). I'll edit them into this post for best viewing experience.

1. 2022, Limited, AWD
  2. $43, 579 MSRP(before dealer add ons)
  3. Options: 20 inch wheels, Roof Crossbars, Running Boards, Body Side Molding.
  4. $499 Cost of dealer add ons: Premium Window Tint
  5. $43, 579 Price before Tax Title License (TTL) including incentive/rebate
  6. 0.0% Discount 1-(#5/#2)*100=% off MSRP)
  7. N/A Incentive (rebate/customer cash)
  8. $46, 993 Price Out The Door (OTD) (Sales Tax 6.75%= 2469.81, Title/License=$250, Doc Fee=$100, Taxable Fees = $123)
  9. N/A Trade in vehicle(year, make, model, trim)
  10. N/A Kelley blue book trade-in value
  11. N/A Trade allowance(amount given for trade)
  12. 08-13-2021 Date purchased
  13. Texas State purchased
The above is just purely a template and all the numbers are speculative
  1. 2022, Limited, AWD, Stone Gray
  2. Options: Will purchase towing kit, comes with 20 inch wheels and Limited package
  3. Cost of dealer add ons: TBD
  4. ~$41, 579 Price before Tax Title License (TTL) including incentive/rebate
  5. 0.0% Discount 1-(#5/#2)*100=% off MSRP)
  6. N/A Incentive (rebate/customer cash)
  7. TBD Price Out The Door (OTD) (Sales Tax 6.75%= 2469.81, Title/License=$250, Doc Fee=$100, Taxable Fees = $123)
  8. 2017 Tucson SE Trade in vehicle(year, make, model, trim)
  9. $18k - $21.8k Kelley blue book trade-in value
  10. TBD Trade allowance(amount given for trade)
  11. TBD, pre-ordered Date purchased
  12. CA State purchased

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did you place the above order with your dealer and he is aware of all the extras or through the concierge? My dealer did not have a list of accessories as of two days ago.
Same here... dealer did not have a complete list or pricing of add-ons... so I could not add anything. They did state that they will have all that info soon and we'll go over what I want to add, but the dealer will need to install. I'm starting to suspect that a lot of SEL AWD are coming, but only a few limited? Maybe its just my suspecious nature... I'd be ok with a SEL vs. Limited, but I'll need to add a few things. :p

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just so everyone's aware, one of the dealers I inquired with just put a final price on their allocated Sage Grey Limited AWD of $49,900 (+ tax, title, & tag). So around $8,595 over MSRP. Obviously I'm not going to pay that much, but beware.
They are just going to push people to Crosstreks, Canyons, and Mavericks at that price. You could get a more capable truck, a cheaper hybrid, or an extremely loaded CUV all for less than that. They are crazy.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just so everyone's aware, one of the dealers I inquired with just put a final price on their allocated Sage Grey Limited AWD of $49,900 (+ tax, title, & tag). So around $8,595 over MSRP. Obviously I'm not going to pay that much, but beware.
I guess it depends what tax is there, too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I spoke with my local dealer, I specifically brought up the fact that I expect to pay MSRP, as I understand there won't be any incentives on a brand new model, and that I won't pay a premium on top of it, either. They said they don't do that, so MSRP it is. If they did try to do that, I'd just wait it out. I've been saving up for a nice down payment for over a year, and will have no problem waiting a few months more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I spoke with my local dealer, I specifically brought up the fact that I expect to pay MSRP, as I understand there won't be any incentives on a brand new model, and that I won't pay a premium on top of it, either. They said they don't do that, so MSRP it is. If they did try to do that, I'd just wait it out. I've been saving up for a nice down payment for over a year, and will have no problem waiting a few months more.
Yeah, that's exactly what I told them when I heard that price. MSRP is understandable but a markup on a mainstream production car is over the line.

Luckily there's a handful of dealers around me with allocations that fit my criteria. If they all go that route, I guess Maverick it is...

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
Hyundai dealers will put themselves in a difficult place if they think customers are going to pay a premium for a new SC. They are sadly mistaken concerning the drawing power of the SC at this point, 6 years after first mention of the vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly what I told them when I heard that price. MSRP is understandable but a markup on a mainstream production car is over the line.

Luckily there's a handful of dealers around me with allocations that fit my criteria. If they all go that route, I guess Maverick it is...
I was initially excited about the Maverick, until I remembered that I sat in a 2021 Ranger, and the armrest on the door was pressing into my thigh when I closed the door. I figure that the Maverick, being smaller than the Ranger, will have a less roomy interior than the Ranger has, which means I won't consider it. Every Hyundai I've ever sat in/driven, has been incredibly roomy & comfortable, so I see no reason why the Santa Cruz will be any different.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
These numbers are staggering. Same store profits on sales of new cars at AutoNation dealerships averaged around $4200 on the front end (sales department) and $2300 on the back end (finance department) for a grand total of nearly $6500 per unit. That is crazy.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
These numbers are staggering. Same store profits on sales of new cars at AutoNation dealerships averaged around $4200 on the front end (sales department) and $2300 on the back end (finance department) for a grand total of nearly $6500 per unit. That is crazy.

I'm petty, and can't wait to visit those dealership when the next recession hits, I'm sure I'll throw them some low ball offers like $15k under invoice and I'll remind them how much money they made in this video clip

·
Registered
37 Posts
Which Dealership was this or which state? I am also interested in that vehicle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Whoa... too much! I don't have my price either, but dealer sent an email saying "no discounts", but also "no premium" either. I'll be dropping down to the SEL AWD vs. Limited if it is much over $42k.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Dealer location and name please.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't really want to drag the dealer because they were at least very kind and much more helpful than most. I will say it was a Metro Atlanta dealer and the SC in question is supposed to arrive (according to the dealer) in a couple weeks but is not in Chuck's list. Could be one of the first.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
feel free to post your actual transaction in this thread, I'll edit it into the first post and hopefully with enough data points we'll have a time series of transacting price, discount %, by region and by trim etc

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts

Dealer location and name please.
Wow, that is just plain ridiculous. Those small SC's will be sitting on the lots through the winter and beyond at those prices. I can only imagine the additional markup on something like the new 2022 Toyota Tundra - a real truck.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
I can't really see anyone admitting that they paid much over MSRP, even if they did. That won't look too good a few months down the road. Still waiting for the two owners who have actually seen and touched their SC's to give us their transaction details, @alisarom and @Renegade16 (deal done tomorrow).

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't really see anyone admitting that they paid much over MSRP, even if they did. That won't look too good a few months down the road. Still waiting for the two owners who have actually seen and touched their SC's to give us their transaction details, @alisarom and @Renegade16 (deal done tomorrow).
Dealer that i am working with has a set price policy. Not expecting much off, maybe 1k or less. Hoping to get first responder rebate.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts