Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL P Sage Grey
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are your little annoyances with your Santa Cruz?
Mine:
The loud buzzer when you step out of the car with your fob/keys while it’s running.
The wonky steering that seems like it grabs the double yellow line in a curve giving me a thrill!
Hyundai giving Sirius Radio your email address without consent (emails daily, junk mail weekly)
I found out if I press the lock button twice when locking actually unlocks the car (my prior car, 1 press locked, 2 presses set alarm)

All of which are just minor annoyances that I’ll learn to live with or find how to disable.

·
Registered
Hampton gray SEL Premium
53 Posts
Mine:
The loud buzzer when you step out of the car with your fob/keys while it’s running.
The wonky steering that seems like it grabs the double yellow line in a curve giving me a thrill!
Hyundai giving Sirius Radio your email address without consent (emails daily, junk mail weekly)
I found out if I press the lock button twice when locking actually unlocks the car (my prior car, 1 press locked, 2 presses set alarm)

All of which are just minor annoyances that I’ll learn to live with or find how to disable.
Sounds like you have Lane Keeping Assist activated. You can set it using the menu to either move your steering when you drift out of a lane, or only give you an audible alarm, or turn off completely. I set mine on alarm only - don't like the vehicle steering for me.

·
Registered
2022 SEL P Sage Grey
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you have Lane Keeping Assist activated. You can set it using the menu to either move your steering when you drift out of a lane, or only give you an audible alarm, or turn off completely. I set mine on alarm only - don't like the vehicle steering for me.
I don’t mind it helping out but pulling me towards the center line with oncoming traffic, holy cow makes your pucker up.
I'm going to turn it off in the morning before it gives me a heart attack.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
832 Posts
Lack of OEM accessories in the USA, cargo/bed lights don't turn on with tailgate open. Yea I know, there is the eBay kit......

·
Registered
526 Posts
The c pillar slant that doesn't allow the roll up tonneaus to go flush against the glass.

The lack of front tow hooks (or way to mount them) that are standard on most all trucks anymore.

And the lack of common truck accessories such as bull bars/brush guards, side steps (only Hyundai and Romik right now), etc.

The halogen lights on the SEL model.

Luckily for me annoyances #2 and #3 may someday be fixed with aftermarket options. The halogen to LED upgrades are sort of fixable, depending on the light.

·
Registered
Sand Limited
30 Posts
Agree on the tow hooks. Even the wife's Kia soul had a attachable hook you could screw in.

The opening on the center console. Can't reach in with the right arm as the cover stops it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Prem, White / gray
97 Posts
Mine:

Font Screenshot Parallel Electric blue Rectangle

·
Registered
2022 Hampton Gray Santa Cruz
552 Posts
The weird cruise control setup - when you turn it on the first time after starting, it sets the speed at whatever speed you happen to be going at the time. But you have to do it that way because trying to set the speed the normal way for the first time won't set the speed. WTF is that about? Two different actions required for the same thing.

Do like everyone else and have the ON/OFF button turn the system on or off and the set buttons set the speed!

The other thing is the thrashy noise the engine makes on acceleration from a stop. How about some noise insulation? It sounds cheap.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
267 Posts
How the SC rolls backward when in Drive gear while on a very slight incline was a disappointing post purchase discovery. I'm learning to live with it and as some pointed out it may be normal for a DCT, but still an unpleasant experience for someone expecting the long standard behavior for automatic transmissions. Yes there is the auto-hold button, but having to remember to activate every time the SC is turned on is also quite annoying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine:

Mine are the following
(1) get rid of the paddle shifters. This is not a race car. They could have put in memory seats instead of that.
(2) no wireless on the Ultimate. That is stupid
(3) No HUD. For a vehicle of this caliber that is ridiculous. Even the cheap line of vehicles have it.
(4) No button to open and close the little window in the back window. How is the driver supposed to open and close this while driving?
(5) the cheap rollers and plastic bearings used in the tonneau cover rails will fail and break probably just after the warranty expires making the tonneau cover inoperable.
(6) a panoramic sun roof should have been provided. The one provided is way to small.
(7) we should be provided the same warranty in Canada as those in the US. Why are we second class?
(8) more colour choices. Most offered are drab. Maybe crimson red bright yellow etc etc
(9) getting answers when you call their customer service here in Canada. You always end up talking to someone that has no clue about the product they are selling so when you ask questions it’s always we will get back to you on that but they never do. That’s real great customer service.
(10) I will remember the dealers here in Edmonton who tried to screw me on the price of the SC by asking way over MSRP. Someday when things return to normal I will remember those dealers and avoid them on my next vehicle purchase

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
136 Posts
I think a dual open tailgate would have been a huge improvement. Down or side opening like the old station wagons used to. It would make a huge difference in the versatility of the bed. It would also make the trunk alot more useful.

I also wonder why with all the Hyundai media saturation why they are not advertising the Santa Cruz at all. That seems very strange to me since like alot of folks here I waited along time to hit there street. "Where is the fanfare?" The big reveal?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think a dual open tailgate would have been a huge improvement. Down or side opening like the old station wagons used to. It would make a huge difference in the versatility of the bed. It would also make the trunk alot more useful.

I also wonder why with all the Hyundai media saturation why they are not advertising the Santa Cruz at all. That seems very strange to me since like alot of folks here I waited along time to hit there street. "Where is the fanfare?" The big reveal?
Apparently Honda Ridgelines are having issues with the wiring harness going into the dual tailgate developing broken wires.

As far as fanfare, why spend money on advertising a vehicle that sells as soon (or before) it typically hits the lot?

·
Registered
22 SC SEL AWD activity package, '21 Chevrolet 3500HD Duramax
492 Posts
The weird cruise control setup - when you turn it on the first time after starting, it sets the speed at whatever speed you happen to be going at the time. But you have to do it that way because trying to set the speed the normal way for the first time won't set the speed. WTF is that about? Two different actions required for the same thing.

Do like everyone else and have the ON/OFF button turn the system on or off and the set buttons set the speed!

The other thing is the thrashy noise the engine makes on acceleration from a stop. How about some noise insulation? It sounds cheap.
I am used to the cruise control now, I don't turn it on until at the speed I want. Then ya have the pause and resume button works pretty good.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
136 Posts
I wasn't aware of the Ridgeline problem with a dual use tailgate. But there are several applications from the early 60's thru the '70s from the big 3 with Station wagons that were very successful. I guess you wouldn't be able to make it electronic. But it could be fitted with a mechanical latch.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
832 Posts
My parents had a 1969 Plymouth Satellite wagon that had the dual tailgate and an electric rear window that worked from both the tailgate via the key and a dash mounted switch. Pretty cool.

(Yeah, I'm probably dating myself.... 🤔 🤷‍♂️)

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,180 Posts
The lower models use the car horn when you lock it.....This is loud enough to scare the bejesus outta you... So I turned it off
Other than that...No complaint that couldn't be fixed by buying up on models :) ...
Well except for the hesitation that happens at the worse time :)

·
Registered
154 Posts

I've been wondering why there aren't any ads at all on TV for the Santa Cruz. Curious....

1 - 20 of 235 Posts